Pace Stick

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Stockton96, Jul 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just stripped my pace stick down back to the wood and was going to varnish it back to black which was its original colour.

Just wanted to know if there was a specific colour for specific regiments in the army ? I am Royal Artillery.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. If you're RA then it goes up your ARRSE !! :)

There is a precedence for Pace Stick colours. All very much to do with individual Regts/Bns/Corps, but I do not know if, or where, it is written down.
  3. I cannot help what i am badged mate. I would much prefer to be badged to an infantry regiment but were not so thats that.
  4. I dont think, nor have I heard of any hard and fast ruling within County towards colours of pace sticks within the ACF. What I suggest you do is contact your affiliated Regiment's RHQ and explain int to them. Hopefully, they can steer you straight.
  5. Dear oh Dear...

Whats up pal? Artillery not sexy enough for you? Your above quote invites discussion as you sound like you dont have a clue, you are a Cadet i take it?

What have you got against the Artillery Then?
  6. No nothing wrong with The Artillery fella i think they do a great job. It's just if i was to join any army regiment it would be an infantry regiment (PWRR).

Does that answer your question ?
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So are you a cadet? Have you passed the Drill course to use the pace stick?
  8. Yes i am a cadet, And no i haven't passed passed said drill course. Although i passed my 3 star a while ago where you are taught and tested on the use of the pace stick.

Just cos someone hasn't passed a course doesn't mean they don't know how to use something. Its called self teaching with the use of the drill manual.

Did you do a course to learn how to use your computer ?

oh and just for the record i passed my SCIC nearly a year ago now, in case your thinking i am some numpty 3 star.
  9. Hi

If memory serves me right only the RSM or Senior WO1 carries a black pace stick all other WO's in a unit carry a lighter coloured one until reaching the great mans position

10. Cheers baz, I Have already varnished it black. I am the second senior in my regiment which i think qualifies me to be able to carry one of that colour.

11. WTF!!!!!

That is a first then as I have never heard of cadets being taught the Pace Stick on the JCIC, and cadets are not allowed to use it in alot of ACF Sectors/Counties.

Are you the Cadet RSM, or a Cadet Group Sgt Maj???

If not you are prob wasiting your time as when you turn up on parade at Camp with said stick it will be 'browwed' by an AI.

In my old Sector no cadet were allowed them after one used his to 'encourage' other cadets to do his will.
  12. Don't get cheeky with serving soldiers you biff. Until you do basic you are still a numpty.

In answer to previous questions, it depends on the Cadet County. Most allow the Cadet RSM to carry a pace-stick.
  13. I am the 2ic of the regiment. Have walked around camp with my pace stick before and no one has said anything to me. I wasn't taught it on JCIC, i said on 3 star.

My question was what colour to varnish it not whether i am allowed to use one or not.