PACE STICK WANTED

Discussion in 'ACF' started by mwl946, Jun 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

One of my senior cadets has just been promoted to CSM. Im looking to purchase a second hand pace stick for him. Detachment funds are somewhat limited. Can anyone help?? Thanks

2. mwl946

Cheers for that! Unfortunately thats a drill cane rather than a pace stick

3. There was a very nice Pacestick on ebay the other day and very reasonably priced too, however isnt second hand

LINKY

4. mwl946

Thank you, may just be what im looking for if i can scrape together the cash!

5. Is it the right size? Has he done the course? :wink:

6. No problem, always happy to help :D

7. I have my racer no longer used (black), but how tall is he/she, (measure from hip to floor) its important that its not too big/small, and what county..and.if your not too far away..ill throw in some sticking lessons by me as well (If he/she is going to carry it, fine...but as an aid to drill, it should open and turning, the cadet CSM wil be the envy of them all, believe me!

Its not going to be cheap, but Ill consider what you have to offer, just dont make an offer that going to make me laugh out loud like a pirate!!!

PM me

8. mwl946

I ve always been told i need a male to size up my male cadets so i dont have a clue! No he hasn t done the course but a bit of a drill pig anyway. I also have the cadet RSM at my detachment (hence why i need a second pace stick) so lessons should not be a prob. :)

9. You're going to give it away? You worked your arrse off for that thing man! Mine's on my study wall and always will be.

10. You are only entitled to use a 'Pace stick' if you have completed 'All Arms Senior Drill Instructor's Course' at Catterick. Otherwise you use a drill cane. Have you done Ceremonial Drill Instruction?...thought not!

11. Or if your ancient like me...done your senior course at the AADW in pirbright...and learn how to stick with the issued tree trucks they call pace sticks....wrist..pain...

12. mwl946

Ok points noted! Thanks to all for info and assistance.

13. I agree but some Corps and Regt have WO1 and WO2 carry pace sticks regardless of this as a symbol of status. I've never heard of an ACF Drill Course. This all sounds a bit Walty to me. I earned mine and don't let other people touch it let alone think about selling it.

14. Them tree trunks are no fun.

15. mwl946

We re talking CADETS here, not regular army!
    There is a course at Pirbright that senior cadets can attend, but cost of flights from scotland make it prohibitive to my Bn.
    Yes, its a badge of rank, if you like for cadet CSM and RSM, they ve worked damn hard to achieve that status, and if they wish to carry or indeed use, a pace stick, who am I to stop them