PAAB

Discussion in 'REME' started by blacktower, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello
    i realise im leaving myself open to abuse, but im attending a PAAB soon and was wondering if anyone out there had any useful advice. please and thank you

2. Be yourself and do your best.
    Never, never watch the DS.
    Always have a smile, look smart, be confident in your decisions and actions.
    Never give up.

All the best.

3. thanks very much bad manners. :D

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Be yourself, be confident.
    Voice your own opinions - do not repeat others ideas in a louder voice.
    Dominate. If your authority on a task is questioned, reaffirm your plan and order them to get on with it.
    If you are stuck on a task, ask for help, accept it, then issue orders to re-establish your command postition.
    Give it your all - after all, you only have a day to push, not 4 as it used to be!

Good luck

5. Sense of urgency
    Make sure you are aware of the format of the day and what is expected of you during each phase

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

If that is a Waah, it's a poor one.

If you genuinely don't know what a PAAB is, why the hell are you even on this board?

7. Stop your lip wobbling - not a waah - I want to know what a PAAB is - sheer curiosity, nothing else.

8. Potential Artificers Assessment Board. It's where those who wish to become an Artificer spend a couple of days jumping through hoops and trying to impress. Not a very good system considering your future is decided in less than a week rather than based on annual reporting.

9. Its a day long now Electric me old fruit.
    So your post is even more relevant now!

10. Most have been mentioned but:

A sense of urgency.
    Give 100% as a team member
    Dominate the group without bullying.
    Be flexible in your plan but robust in its application.
    Draw others into the group if they are not participating.
    Most importantly, go with the intention of enjoying it and as BM said, smile.

Good Luck

11. hello

thanks to everyone who has replied, i appreciate it.
    cheaz

12. Also laugh at the people around you pretending that they read the broad sheets. As has been said before be yourself and be mindfull of the people around you, some will try to make it past you at your expense. But most of all it's only a day and you'll have another couple of goes if it does not go right.

13. The fact that you;ve got there shows that you have the potential

Don't take them too seriously
    Don't take it too seriously
    Dont take yourself too seriously

Enjoy it all and hope that the fun continues