PAAB

hello
i realise im leaving myself open to abuse, but im attending a PAAB soon and was wondering if anyone out there had any useful advice. please and thank you

Be yourself and do your best.
Never, never watch the DS.
Always have a smile, look smart, be confident in your decisions and actions.
Never give up.

All the best.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Be yourself, be confident.
Voice your own opinions - do not repeat others ideas in a louder voice.
Dominate. If your authority on a task is questioned, reaffirm your plan and order them to get on with it.
If you are stuck on a task, ask for help, accept it, then issue orders to re-establish your command postition.
Give it your all - after all, you only have a day to push, not 4 as it used to be!

Good luck

Sense of urgency
Make sure you are aware of the format of the day and what is expected of you during each phase

Potential Artificers Assessment Board. It's where those who wish to become an Artificer spend a couple of days jumping through hoops and trying to impress. Not a very good system considering your future is decided in less than a week rather than based on annual reporting.

electric_citizen said:
Potential Artificers Assessment Board. It's where those who wish to become an Artificer spend a couple of days jumping through hoops and trying to impress. Not a very good system considering your future is decided in less than a week rather than based on annual reporting.
Its a day long now Electric me old fruit.
So your post is even more relevant now!

Most have been mentioned but:

A sense of urgency.
Give 100% as a team member
Dominate the group without bullying.
Be flexible in your plan but robust in its application.
Draw others into the group if they are not participating.
Most importantly, go with the intention of enjoying it and as BM said, smile.

Good Luck

Also laugh at the people around you pretending that they read the broad sheets. As has been said before be yourself and be mindfull of the people around you, some will try to make it past you at your expense. But most of all it's only a day and you'll have another couple of goes if it does not go right.

Falklands16 said:
Also laugh at the people around you pretending that they read the broad sheets. As has been said before be yourself and be mindfull of the people around you, some will try to make it past you at your expense. But most of all it's only a day and you'll have another couple of goes if it does not go right.
The fact that you;ve got there shows that you have the potential

Don't take them too seriously
Don't take it too seriously
Dont take yourself too seriously

Enjoy it all and hope that the fun continues

There are three key qualities which they want to see;
1 - dominance of any given situation
2 - sense of urgency
3 - enthusiasm

This info came from 'the horses mouth' when I attended my paab, although t'was a few years ago now, but 'the horse' is still there as he has been for the last 12 years and probably will still be there in another 12.......

hellbentharry said:
The fact that you;ve got there shows that you have the potential
What gone on a Class 1 course?!

Been out the loop a while 'arry? No blue books or Comd ES interviews and bonk 'you're a Pot tiffy, i need some pi55 up in a brewery arranged' type things to do anymore.

T'aint like it used to be etc etc
(Catch wanders off smelling Asbach, stale pi55 and talking to himself!)

Some very sound advice from the people that should know too.
Best of luck Blacktower me old fruit.

Not a great fan of the new system - there can be no substitute for the self induced pressure you were under come the day the gun-race - anyone that says they weren't second guessing every word they'de spoken or written and every action they'd made over the previous days is lying, pure and simple!

The best advice has already been given you - be yourself and enjoy it! Dont be jack, but at the same time, dont be a door-mat for the inevivable commisioning candidate to be.........

Black Tower
DO NOT wear a CORPS Tie! ASM "F" collects them with sissors!!! if yr there next week you will see a bitter armourer having his 2nd attempt at it. Im deffo no yes man so mayb maybe not my face will not fit... Out

A lot of cliche advice being dished out here.

1. Dont be yourself. The PAAB is short enough to act it out in a positive way.
2. Take some spanking new coveralls and helmet cover. 2nd hand kit equals 2nd rate effort.
3. Get a copy of the individual assault course layout. Revise it and then pretend to assess it on the day.
4. Dont jack on your syndicate "mates". Get together before hand and have a chat. Come to an understanding.
5. Tell the truth but dont reveal what you really think about women in the army :)
6. Remember, you are only young and have just passed your Class One course. You hardly know anything and you are still learning. Dont stop listening to the "Subject Matter Experts". The day you think rank means more than experience is the day the lads start calling you a shit Tiffy and the "shit tiffy" stories start.

Good luck!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
catchyerselfon REME 16
Heywood_Jablowme REME 56
RCEME REME 33