PAAB dress code

Discussion in 'REME' started by BadManners, Oct 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems that the Corps tie has been replaced with a skirt.

News on the grapevine is that an English bloke was seen sporting a Kilt and woolly socks in leu of a good old fashioned suit (as per admin instruction)

2. In English please
  3. Had further int on this as the day progressed.

A certain fella turned up for PAAB today wearing a Kilt instead of trousers with his suit.
    Much to the amusement of all.

PAAB rooms......Fly on the wall?....loved to have been! :lol:
  4. One of our lads in on PAAB this week, I will be asking hiom for the Gen when he gets back into theatre. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him who wore the kilt.
  5. Shows that he dares to be different is that all bad?

6. Grey man?

sometimes it pays to be!
  7. A guy tipped up on mine with what I can only describe as a Spandau Ballet jacket (you know the type, really big padded shoulders and cut really tight at the bottom), drainpipe trousers, winkle picker shoes and a piano tie. Needless to say the atmosphere picked up massively and I was most surprised to find out that he failed.
  8. Yeah, Sparky it was you. Still wearing it to this day. Passed on your second attempt though, wearing a REME RU shirt and an Elvis wig.........
  9. Hah hah, bet no one was laughing if it was a large Fijian bloke wearing a skirt!
  10. Why is that then?
  11. Steady on PB, those winkle pickers did me proud! If i remember rightly the guy in question was a Gun fitter was going to be posted to lyneham in 99. He decided at the end of the penultimate day that he didnt want to be a tiffy as he didnt want to move around every 2 or 3 years. Cue puzzled look from myself and question of "Isn't that what everyone in the Corps does?". Mumbled reply and shuffled response. My only thoughts were that this oxygen thief had stolen someone else's place on PAAB.
  12. I dunno bout wearing a skirt but a certain non male passed not so long ago for having 'a bubbly personality'. :D
  13. I spoke to the guy on the PAAB and not only did he wear a kilt but he finished his outfit off with a corps tie as well. Apparently he managed to keep it unsnipped as well. They must have been in shock at the kilt!
  14. did he pass his PAAB? will update top tips accordingly if he did.will update if he didn't!!
  15. Just spoke to a very good friend of mine who was on the same PAAB, and was informed that the aforementioned gentleman did not reach the required standard at this moment in time.