P8 MMA/MPA thread.

ASW - I agree but the carrier is also part of the ASW answer...
I didn’t say it wasn’t.

...I meant that in 2010 MPA had been associated with CASD and everyone thought that made it safe...
No they didn’t; the writing was on the wall for the MRA4 for quite a while.

...Associating it with the carriers would not have improved things...
Yes it would because that would’ve demonstrated to Fin Mil Cap that additional jets were justified.

...Looking back to the time of replacing Nimrod MR2, was there any linkage between Nimrod MRA4 planning and early CVF studies?...
Yes; that’s why we were originally getting 21.

Regards,
MM

Yokel

LE
I imagine HK is Hunter Killer, also known as Attack or Fleet submarines, oe officially SSNs. There is probably a role for NATO SSKs (non nuclear boats) in patrolling the GIUK gap. In the old days, the RN called diesel electric boats 'Patrol' submarines as there lacked speed to get places fast, but could be useful if patrolling there.

The Upholder class SSKs, now in Canadian hands, were designed for the GIUK gap.

40K US deploying to Europe next year... some is going to be busy... Defender 2020, article in www.baltictimes.com...
No link to the article? Is NATO restarting trans-Atlantic convoying exercises?

I imagine HK is Hunter Killer, also known as Attack or Fleet submarines, oe officially SSNs. There is probably a role for NATO SSKs (non nuclear boats) in patrolling the GIUK gap. In the old days, the RN called diesel electric boats 'Patrol' submarines as there lacked speed to get places fast, but could be useful if patrolling there.

The Upholder class SSKs, now in Canadian hands, were designed for the GIUK gap.

No link to the article? Is NATO restarting trans-Atlantic convoying exercises?
Sorry @Yokel was teaching.Will post link when home.

I know about SSN / SSK - I'm from Barrow in Furness ;)

Sorry @Yokel was teaching.Will post link when home.

I know about SSN / SSK - I'm from Barrow in Furness ;)
Update. So, I was reading the printed edition of the Baltic Times and they have not updated their website yet. Tried to take a photo and upload but told, image too big. PM an email address and I'll photo and send the two articles that I have on the Defender 2020 and an A3 article on defending the Baltic States.
Cheers, have a pleasant Friday evening.

Latvia must seem like the Promised Land
Any volunteers on here?? lol, if need be have a return to conscription :p

I have a friend (well she is a former colleague) whose from Latvia. Shes petite, blonde, model like features and a businesswoman married to a lad from the Midlands. They have a daughter and her sister is also a mom and very very hot has done and still does the odd bit of modeling from time to time.

Cheers

Any volunteers on here?? lol, if need be have a return to conscription :p

I have a friend (well she is a former colleague) whose from Latvia. Shes petite, blonde, model like features and a businesswoman married to a lad from the Midlands. They have a daughter and her sister is also a mom and very very hot has done and still does the odd bit of modeling from time to time.

Cheers
Pictures?

Latest Threads