P229 Sig Sauer

Well maybe that is all you need then if they saw fit to issue you with only one. If you really needed them you would have been issued four.

If you feel you need more put your case through the COC and I am sure they will review it.

What job are you doing?

underthevale said:
Well maybe that is all you need then if they saw fit to issue you with only one. If you really needed them you would have been issued four.

If you feel you need more put your case through the COC and I am sure they will review it.

What job are you doing?
What an unbelievably pompous answer!

Why didn't you just say "You'll get it issued in theatre"? :roll:

Even in training, having two (or indeed more) magazines is pretty much a necessity, on ops it's even more so.

Why do you necessarily need more than 1 magazine on ops. As underthevale says if you need more you will be issued more. Without discussing opsec issues it is clear that if you are only issued enough rounds to go in one magazine that is all you need.

future_rupert said:
Horridlittleman, tell that to the Red Caps. I'm sure they would agree with you.
f_r, I don't know which Red Caps, if any in particular, you are talking about? But my point is someone has been issued with a 229 and 1 magazine. On ops I was issued with a Browning and 1 magazine, why? Because I only needed 1 magazine. When I had more rounds my magazines were adjusted accordingly. There are environments where 1 magazine is all that is needed.

Horridlittleman said:
future_rupert said:
f_r, I don't know which Red Caps, if any in particular, you are talking about? But my point is someone has been issued with a 229 and 1 magazine. On ops I was issued with a Browning and 1 magazine, why? Because I only needed 1 magazine. When I had more rounds my magazines were adjusted accordingly. There are environments where 1 magazine is all that is needed.
Probably the ones who remember the Red Caps patrol who were surrounded, cornered and gunned down in the sandpit because they ran out of ammo and weren't issued with a radio to call for support. Surely common sense dictates that if he can get his hands on an extra mag then he should use it. What harm can it do?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Horridlittleman said:
future_rupert said:
f_r, I don't know which Red Caps, if any in particular, you are talking about?
These blokes - have you really forgotten so quickly ?

Horridlittleman said:
But my point is someone has been issued with a 229 and 1 magazine. On ops I was issued with a Browning and 1 magazine, why? Because I only needed 1 magazine.
Vokoll to do with there not being enough ?
Maybe someone only issued you the one deliberately.

Horridlittleman said:
When I had more rounds my magazines were adjusted accordingly.
Poor skills all round.

Horridlittleman said:
There are environments where 1 magazine is all that is needed.
:roll:

I wonder which part of a pistol needs replacing the most or gets damaged most often?

At least with a spare mag the gun isn't written off until you're able to get a replacement.

Only one magazine? Somebody is extracting the urine (horrid little man certainly is).P226 magazines will probably fit, although will hang out the bottom of the grip.

You can only have too much ammunition if you are on fire or drowning.

Take this from a competition shooter: even if the course of fire only requires six or eight rounds, I will start the stage with at least two full magazines. Why? In case of a stoppage. And my life does not depend on it. I cannot conceive of a life-threatening situation where you can GUARANTEE that 13 rounds will be enough."

On ops its common for pistol mags to remain loaded for weeks or months thus weakening the springs. Every now and then it's best to empty and rotate mags.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
winnfield said:
On ops its common for pistol mags to remain loaded for weeks or months thus weakening the springs. Every now and then it's best to empty and rotate mags.
It had bloody better not be !

(Although your point about resting springs is fair.)

When issued from the suppy chain the Sig only comes as pistol + 1 x magazine, my question was If anyone knew what the NSN was to order more, for operational use (I'm sure bombing up a magazine at close quarters really flicks your switch) , also for competion shooting, by PM ive been told that it's

1005-99-0513642 although it say's
MAGAZINE ROUND 13 ROUND in designation

If you require them they will be issued accordingly. If your not in the line for ordering them, get your QMs to look it up on a SCOC disk. I'm sure you are going to be in the thick of it you will get three to four magazines.

The purpose for the SIG being issued is for the same reason SF have back up pistols. If you are close quarters you don't fanny around with a stoppage but go to a secondary arm (instinctively) until your mucker is putting enough rounds down to cover you so you can clear your stoppage.

If you only got issued one that might be due to your role. Are you going to be sat behind a desk? I really can't see them issuing you one magazine if your in the thick of it and if you are I am sure there is a mountain of magazines waiting in theatre for you.

Latest Threads