P229 Sig Sauer

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DesktopCommando, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any part numbers for extra magazine's for this weapon, as only receive one with the weapon upon issue.

Checked SCOC already

cheers

2. Well maybe that is all you need then if they saw fit to issue you with only one. If you really needed them you would have been issued four.

If you feel you need more put your case through the COC and I am sure they will review it.

What job are you doing?

3. What an unbelievably pompous answer!

Why didn't you just say "You'll get it issued in theatre"? :roll:

Even in training, having two (or indeed more) magazines is pretty much a necessity, on ops it's even more so.

4. Why do you necessarily need more than 1 magazine on ops. As underthevale says if you need more you will be issued more. Without discussing opsec issues it is clear that if you are only issued enough rounds to go in one magazine that is all you need.

5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

6. Horridlittleman, tell that to the Red Caps. I'm sure they would agree with you.

7. f_r, I don't know which Red Caps, if any in particular, you are talking about? But my point is someone has been issued with a 229 and 1 magazine. On ops I was issued with a Browning and 1 magazine, why? Because I only needed 1 magazine. When I had more rounds my magazines were adjusted accordingly. There are environments where 1 magazine is all that is needed.

8. Now, there's a quote for the books.

9. Probably the ones who remember the Red Caps patrol who were surrounded, cornered and gunned down in the sandpit because they ran out of ammo and weren't issued with a radio to call for support. Surely common sense dictates that if he can get his hands on an extra mag then he should use it. What harm can it do?

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

These blokes - have you really forgotten so quickly ?

Vokoll to do with there not being enough ?
    Maybe someone only issued you the one deliberately.

Poor skills all round.

:roll:

11. Did they only issue you with 1 round too? Can you guess why?

12. I wonder which part of a pistol needs replacing the most or gets damaged most often?

At least with a spare mag the gun isn't written off until you're able to get a replacement.

13. is there truly such a quote as " yer can never have enough mags or ammo??? i ask myself