P1954 Action Help

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by phil37, Sep 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I signed for a piece of kit but the kit wasn't complete - I know ... I should have been more thorough.
    Now, P1954 action is being taken against me to recover the cost of the missing item - about £250 (C class).
    I have military kit insurance but would I be able to make a claim?
    How do I explain that the item has been lost when it wasn't there initially?
  2. You have just answered your own question.

    Take the pain, pay for the item and keep all copies of the recovery paperwork. Send this paperwork to you insurer for a refund - less the excess.
  3. Don't tell your insurer you didn't have it in the first place.

    Just bite your pride and tell 'em you lost the kit... which you did, by not ensuring it was there in the first place.
  4. You signed for it, it's diffy, so it leaves only the options of you having lost it or having sold it as "SAS/PARA thingamajigg" on fleabay.

    Your call... Only one of them is prosecutable... ;)
  5. What kit you missing? - Maybe an Arrser has some and can send you bits for a small donation to the site.