P*ssed Off

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by NikkiS, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else getting a little hacked off with some of the really unhelpful people on here?

Don't get me wrong there are some great people too!

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

With an attitude like that you and the Army are going to have some friction, but you'll be the only one getting burnt.

Get a sense of humour or get another job.

3. What he said.

You should probably prepare for some incoming on this one...

4. It's exactly the same as the "real" Army.

You ask what you think is a serious question, the majority around you think it's a bone question and give you grief accordingly.

Then, just before you make a total tool of yourself or go off and do something stupid, someone will take you to one side and give you a serious answer.

Think about asking questions on an open forum like standing in the middle of the square during a drill parade and then asking "What type of ironing board do you think I should buy?". You will get an entire Regiments worth of p1ss taking immediatley, but later on someone, somewhere will have the answer.

If you get upset about it on here, God help you out there .

5. I'm not too bothered about the replies I get to this, just stating an opinion when valid I can take a good roasting like anyone else, but there are young lads/lasses on here looking for genuine advise and some individuals are just feeding them shit!

I thought this was a Forum, not Basic Training....

6. Just think about what you wright especially on a public forum - but I see where your coming from.

A lot of helpful guys on here with a lot of experience.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair having read back over your previous posts you do ask a bunch of bone questions and the replies have been remarkably restrained.

I don't think you are going to like the Army very much at all.

8. Then you will fulfil your only purpose in the army; to get fucked and abused by as many people as posssible.

9. Ignore the others, you'll go far.

10. Having just had a quick butchers through some of your previous posts i fail to see what the problem is. You have posted quite a few questions and seem to have recieved (in the main) sound advice and intelligible answers. (Despite the fact that you've asked age old questions in brand new threads, which is generally frowned upon, but you seem to have gotten away with it. Probably because they are in the right topic and in good english)

Anybody looking for genuine advice should have no problems finding it, if they spend the time looking through previous posts, and i defy anybody to argue that somebody asking a genuine question in the proper manner will knowingly get fed shit.

P.S This IS a forum and NOT a chat room, so you should ask yourself, is a new thread with the opening post "Is anyone else getting a little hacked off with some of the really unhelpful people on here? ... " really suitable?

P.P.S "I can take a good roasting like anyone else" Fnar, Fnar!!

Edited to add - Damn these slovenly fingers making me re-post what everyone else has beaten me to say!!

11. Fair Points guys! - I have learnt to use the Search Function now!

Cheers!

12. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Nikki - Check PM

13. GREAT GONNA LOVE IT!!

Point taken guys!

14. Heh heh heh.

15. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Tell you what, most ARRSEers on here have been remarkably restrained. Those that do start being abusive are swiftly asked to knock it on the head but banter and piss taking is the law on here. You might want to insert a different kind of chip in yer heed because if you can't take it on the internet you won't last five minutes at an ATR.

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.