P*ssed as a newt and similar drinking expressions.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps on the basis of the information gleaned so far, the OP will be able to progress to the double entendre such as "how do you hold your liquor?"

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Rat-arsed, sh1t-faced,bladdered,and paralytic were quite popular.I think Roger's Thesaurus from Viz comic used to have some funny definitions of drink-related sayings/words.My favourite described the last women left at closing-time as 'Bargoyles'!

Not forgetting "Dances With Wolves" and "Gorillas in the Mist"...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Also to have one's "beer goggles" on.

Or one's "beer coat" i.e. being inappropriately dressed when the weather is fuckin Baltic, but not noticing due to inebriation.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
By the ears?
... is the correct answer.

I must say this thread has cheered me no end. I'm going through a rough patch at the moment (drink may or may not be involved).

... is the correct answer.

I must say this thread has cheered me no end. I'm going through a rough patch at the moment (drink may or may not be involved).
I’ve been through many a rough patch. They usually belonged to said ‘bargoyles’, especially when approaching the ‘Beer Event Horizon’...

Stabwedge

Swinger
I posted earlier but forgot a few:

Fuckin’ lit

He’s got his head in his shirt pocket/top pocket

Soberly disadvantaged

Minimum sobriety achieved

Stabwedge

Swinger
Rat-arsed, sh1t-faced,bladdered,and paralytic were quite popular.I think Roger's Thesaurus from Viz comic used to have some funny definitions of drink-related sayings/words.My favourite described the last women left at closing-time as 'Bargoyles'!
Roger’s Profanisaurus Rex makes for excellent reading in the study (toilet). Best definition concerns an individual who has reached an adequate level of refreshment walking down the street and suddenly collapsing like a sack of shit. He was ‘taken out by the beer sniper’.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That arseholed he was grinning like a w**king jap!

As an Adjutant I may have had to explain a junior officer's conduct to the CO as 'Ah, yes Colonel, well Mr Snooks was a little 'socially confused'. Not to worry though, he will be working off his confusion looking after the camp over the weekend....and next weekend (and if the Brigadier's wife remembers, the weekend after that too!)"

Roger’s Profanisaurus Rex makes for excellent reading in the study (toilet). Best definition concerns an individual who has reached an adequate level of refreshment walking down the street and suddenly collapsing like a sack of shit. He was ‘taken out by the beer sniper’.
There is an app too which has me chortling during down time at work - thankfully most of my colleagues 'get' the humour.

As to the Mugga, I learned this word from a wonderful short story entitled "The Undertakers" by Kipling, although he spells it "mugger".
Thread deviation: Wondering if this is the origin of the word "mugger", and by a bit of reverse engineering, "mugging" and "to mug someone"

Thread deviation: Wondering if this is the origin of the word "mugger", and by a bit of reverse engineering, "mugging" and "to mug someone"
What? Threaten someone with a crocodile?

Sounds a bit risky.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
And no doubt would be feeling like a sack of smashed arse holes in the morning.

Latest Threads