ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

P Rations

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bittersubaltern, Jun 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a heartfelt plea to anyone involved in G4 ration buying.

We have just been issued P rations (with the statement/threat) that this is what will be issued from now on.  Basically they are dehydrated cr*p.  While I accept that they are essential for no-resupply patrols, for the rest of us they are a catastrophe.

In short, they are foul.

They use a colossal amount of water.  They take twice as long to cook.

You cannot then use the hot water to brew up.

Hard routine on cold p rations is just morale destroying.

There was nothing wrong with the old ones.  Please give them back.  (If you are responsible for implementing them in the first place - you are a c*nt)

2. Did we really have dehydrated rations in the 2003? Seen a few posts from that time mention them

3. Is there some sort of necroposting competition going on?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Are these rations still in the system? I heard of them as a past issue when I joined in 2006, but nothing since.

5. We need a "Bellend thinks he's funny for finding old posts" button.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. That's quite niche. Can't you just harsh font him?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. What about Service Rum? and Campbell's self heating oxtail soup?

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've already made him change his avatar 3 times. @blackmetallic will think I'm some sort of bully or something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. And this is a problem how?

10. Everyone knows I'm a quiet little puddytat. I'm quite offended that people would think unkind things about me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Naughty thoughts?

12. Hardly. I've just been helpful in Chat, which means 20 people must die.

13. Yes. Not the Arctic ones either. These were 'training rations' for, erm, well, training. They used a huuuuge amount of water to re-hydrate when you're only issued one water bottle which you fill at one of the 2 platoon jerry cans morning and evening.

Breaky, dehydrated 300ml required and eaten from the green bag. Soak for 7 minutes, stir then wait again, no way of sealing the green paper bag with a dash of foil which always leaked at the seams once hot, just prop it up or hold it. Lush.

Snack, 'super noodles' (can't remember how much water) and sundries. To be prepared in a mess tin which means washing up and more water. Lush.

Dinner 500ml required and eaten from the green bag. Soak for 7 minutes, stir then wait again, no way of sealing the green paper bag with a dash of foil which always leaked at the seams once hot, just prop it up or hold it. Lush.

So you're looking just under 1.5 litres just to eat. They tasted absolutely awful too. I was OTC at the time and the QM said he couldn't give them away but there was a spate of water bottle thefts...

Loads of the contents had brand names us students recognised like the 'super noodles' Tesco 7p a pack (2003 prices) and tesco value jam/biscuits etc.

IIRC they didn't even have tissue for a sh1t. There was a shortage of ORP from approx Spring 2002 and these feckers turned up. Never again would students moan when a 'cheese removed' menu C rocked up...

14. I feel like you're sending mixed messages.

15. Probably just coming to the boil.

• Funny Funny x 2