p coy

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by calum498, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im just about to leave school and try out for the paras.I know what p coy is like because ive watched it on videos and stuff.But could and ex or current para tell me the honest truth and what life in the paras is like.Ive been a cadet for four years.And also my mates trying out for it with me are the possibilities of us being split up high. thanks calum

2. Four of us joined together from our parent Regiment, you often wind up in different sections while you are training. Although you can lend a mate a helping hand, they are judging you all the time. It is hard work till you get used to it and the point of it all is to see if you have what it takes to go through that pain barrier and still keep going. They are looking for people that will crack under pressure who can't make that extra effort when their body is telling them that they have had enough. To be honest like every thing else in life it is down to you, if you want it bad enough you will succeed

3. Did a bit of an odd TA P-Company due to lack of manpower more or less simultaneous to the regs and from observing them and us its really does boil down to how much you want it, its a hard test which rewards staying power and guts as much as anything. Remember its a test to pass and hard as it seems don't let the mystic get the better of you. Many of the reg and TA fails weren't so much down to fitness as psyching themselves out. Keep a level head throughout the training.

Best advice I got was to remember that you only have to do P-Company once, but it means you've achieved it for the rest of your life.

Once you've done that TA and Reg go their own ways, apart from walking about a foot taller for the rest of your life.

Good luck young man.