p coy questions

im going to do p company hopefully next year, i have loads of questions to ask (would at the unit ut they are all a bunch of wasters)
have any of you guys done/attempted it?

i want to know what specific tests are i.e weight carried, distance to be marched etc..

its just so i can structure my training a little bit more

any advice whatsoever would be great !!

3 bits of advise

put one foot in front of the other

never back off when miling

remember no one wants to die a hat

ha ha very funny, im new to this site there are a few knocking around, havent been on the interweb much. im not goldie i dunno who that is. any other advice

rememonkey said:
im going to do p company hopefully next year, i have loads of questions to ask (would at the unit ut they are all a bunch of wasters)
have any of you guys done/attempted it?

i want to know what specific tests are i.e weight carried, distance to be marched etc..

its just so i can structure my training a little bit more

any advice whatsoever would be great !!
Maybe you can help me then, rememonkey. Have been thinking about it myself, but I know fcuk all about the tests... I know there is a 30 mile tab, but don't know what time limits are, or about any of the other tests. :(

Might even be useful for others if you put it in here, that way everyone can refer to it. If any of it is "sensitive", then pm me please.

Thanks

GR

P coy is a killer rememonkey. I'm sure a few guys in here will keep you straight on all the in and outs of what to expect. Just remember not to push too hard in the first few days as they only expect you to get better with time. You will be required on your beastings to take the lot so prep yourself and ensure good care for all the bits that get tender when you beast yourself at home.

Pick a steep hill. Keep running up it until some small para reg DS tells you to stop. on no account tell him he's a knob as that does not constitute a pass,

" P Coy No. 11""
"Sir?"
"Fail"
"Sit down gob shiite"

Result.

monkey,
How long have you been in? Are you ready for P Coy? You say all the blokes in your unit are all wasters, where is that, so I can avoid it on my next posting with my bag of spanners. PM me if you want. 8)

rayc......................."what is p coy?" something you can only aspire to!!

rememonkey, pm me, searching through kit at weekend, found p coy build up programme, a build up 4 week training programme, with procession runs, distances, times, etc. let me know your email, i'll scan it and send it, should be of use to you!

its never too early to start training

E

error_unknown

P Coy is Para Selection, where men of steel get beasted by Sky gods prior to being used as playthings by 3 Para Mortar Platoon. It comprises several interesting physical tests including a little thing called milling where you get bashed around the ring more times than Boy George! There are also Speed Marches (Tabbing) (TAB= Tactical Advance to Battle) A Log race, a Stretcher Race, Assault Course, Steeplechase and a little confidence test called the Trainasium which is a high scaffold with leaps and jumps to scare you. Due to the intensity of the training and testing, stress fractures and injuries are a major hazard as is gobbing off to the P Coy staff! If you pass, you then go off to RAF Brize norton to get your blue wings, shortly after this you get your brown wings if you get posted to 3 para.

aaaaaaah, 3 reg mortars, brings a tear to my eye!

Herrenbloke said:
(TAB= Tactical Advance to Battle) .

[pedant] 'Tab' derives from the old English slang for 'feet'. Only Walts and civvi mongs who try and write books about the army think its 'Tactical Advance to battle'. How many times have you 'tabbed'? How often was it 'to battle' :roll: [/pedant].

Rayc said:
Chaps,

I am not from your army.

Just curious.

What is P coy?

Thanks.
Where men are made and broken. Where grown men cry and only the most stuborn survive. It's where cloudbusters are born and all hats wish to be..

Mind my helmet, it's got sky in it...

"P" Coy is a selection process to gain entry into the British Parachute Regiment. You have to undergo rigerous tests to determine if you are fit enough or have the mental abillity to undergo parachute drop training. The tests themselves consist of, a stretcher race (team event where you carry a fcuking great heavy object on a stretcher over an approved distance). A battle march in full kit (timed). Carry a telegraph pole for what seems like fcuking miles. Complete a confidence course (basicly an assault course up in the trees). Punch fcuk out of your apponents face in a boxing ring. 3 times around an assault course. I did mine years ago and if I have forgotten the rest someone else on this site will no doubt correct my errors. If you pass, you get your "cherry beret" and then have to go to parachute training school and learn to throw yourself out of a plane and fcuk up yor cartlidges and do your spine in.

One thousand, two thousand, check canopy, Oh fcuk!!.

E

error_unknown

Actually I was told that by the Op Corporate veteran who was P Coy Sgt Major at the time back in the early 80's when you did a proper P Coy, I'm sure he would love to discuss your remarks in person if you think HE was a walt. As for how many times have I tabbed? More times than I can care to remember and far more times than you Crow!

E

error_unknown

I also know that Tabs are your feet, I have had my tabs in so many in trays in my time that I am well aware of that!

Latest Threads