P Coy documentary, channel 4

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by luke, Jun 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. it's been about for a while, but it is a great watch.

Lasts 50 minutes if i remember right, gives a good insight into P Coy in my opinion - however it was made in 1992.

2. I have heard apparantley things have softened up a bit after the move to catterick!!!!

3. I watch it every night before I go to bed... can't sleep unless a DS sings a lullaby to me ("Standbyyyyyyyy GOOOO"). It's a pretty accurate doc - I was up there in February, and it all looked grotesquely familiar!

4. Is there a system to buy/download these documentary clips from Ch4?

I thought it was made before 1992 - I recognise the OC and a few of the PTIs & victims. Looks more like '87-'89 timeframe.

I'll probably get flashback nightmares tonight - being beasted up the spider and around Long Valley. Do you think you can claim for P-Coy induced PTSD......?

5. Knew the Oic as a captain, bloody good bloke

6. Have it on video.... One of the blokes on the course was my DS on pre-para years later! Top bloke!

Always remember the nob on the trinasium... lost me bottle staff... nobber!

7. Videos are fcukin out now, Is there a DVD Release of it? COS I WANNITT!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Hats off to the guys who do P Coy. Personally I am petrified of heights!

9. Ah them were the days quality line during the milling "All you are missing young man is a handbag" classic lines.

10. My old dear showed me this video when iwas younger as a deterrant my crap hat brother tried to convince my old dear the regt wasn't the place for me but this video only spurred me on and i now mock my brother whenever i get the chance!!! "You'll never make it" 24 weeks later.................... "oh oh well done bruv" my response "nah i won't shake you hand haroldo"

11. Just spent 50 mins watching this great doc (Roman Numerals at the end confirm 1992 by the way). I have no contact with para-trained guys normally, but just wonder how much of it has changed, ie: up on the heights without helmets, milling. Do the health and safety Nazis let it go on these days?

12. Agreed; but don't worry about the height, it's the ground that kills you :wink:

13. you have to wear helmets on the trainasium (heights) and the milling is still done it's not allowed to be filmed though for the recruits/all arms video they give you at the end!!!!

14. My uncle is one of the guys on the documentary, he may have a copy. I'll check with him when he gets back from the sandy place and can email copies if I can get it onto my computer.