P Coy and AACC

Straight forward question, if/when I pass my basic training and join the RIFLES could I take both the AACC and P Coy courses?

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
Why not join Para reg or the Corps if you want to be an infantryman and crack those cses?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Wired Bandit

Old-Salt
As a infantry soldier it might be hard to justify why you would do them courses if you wasn't planning on being transferred to either of them unit? As the other bloke said why not join para regt to start with?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

There's no reason why you should. 1RIFLES are no longer part of 3Cdo Bde, and the Rifles in general have no airborne role.

Posted in a break from looking for the cat, who's gone into hiding!

There's no reason why you should. 1RIFLES are no longer part of 3Cdo Bde, and the Rifles in general have no airborne role.

Posted in a break from looking for the cat, who's gone into hiding!

So there is no way at all to take either course, because the Army website just says "must have experience" in the Army before you can take any course, I just assumed that meant even if my battalion wasn't attached to 3Commando I could still do AACC at least?

The_Duke

LE
Ask yourself this question: What do the army (specifically my Rifles Bn) get from me going away of number of weeks (plus the time required for beat up training) to attempt a course that is designed to select people for a role I don't do?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
So there is no way at all to take either course, because the Army website just says "must have experience" in the Army before you can take any course, I just assumed that meant even if my battalion wasn't attached to 3Commando I could still do AACC at least?

Generally, corps guys do those courses because there's a requirement for them in the supporting units.

Why would an infantryman need to do them? Jollies appear to be getting thinner on the ground.

If you want to do them, join RM or Para Reg.

Generally, corps guys do those courses because there's a requirement for them in the supporting units.

Why would an infantryman need to do them? Jollies appear to be getting thinner on the ground.

If you want to do them, join RM or Para Reg.

At one time it was called badge collecting, now we have fewer aircraft the slots are needed for people filling a Para PID.
Same for RM,a badge collector would take slot needed by a Nod.

rooster_teeth

War Hero
I think you also take up the AACC if you're looking to go the flipper side of UKSF from army infantry.. amphibious tactics etc.

of course, that's probably not even worth thinking about until you've a few years under your belt

True, from mid 90s onward SB Reserve candidates, regardless of their previous military experience or not were required, if they hadnt already done so, to complete the All Arms Commando Course, think the same applies with 23 SAS re-P Company/4 PARA.

True, from mid 90s onward SB Reserve candidates, regardless of their previous military experience or not were required, if they hadnt already done so, to complete the All Arms Commando Course, think the same applies with 23 SAS re-P Company/4 PARA.

23 SAS selection is classed as an arduous course, same as AACC so P Coy not required.

X59

LE
What would anyone in the glorious TRIFLES want with a pretty badge?

The_Duke

LE
23 used to make all of their recruits without prior service go through the 4 Para recruit cadre to give them some basic military skills. 21 used to accept recruits with no prior military experience, but on occasion they would send someone who had passed endurance to us for some basic mil training before they could do anything else with them.

The chances of any Army personnel, not going to 59, 29 or CLR, doing the AACC are v low.

Latest Threads