p company

a. You get nothing for "Selection" - you have to pass the course!
b. Maroon beret is for Para Regt or pers serving in an Para-unit - leave or not posted there = standard headwear.
c. Strictly, unless you're in date or have done an Operational jump, you shouldn't be wearing the wings.....
d. Do the AA Cdo cse - a dagger is awarded in perpetuity.
e. Similar rules as maroon beret.
e. Anyone wearing something contrary to the above is a bullshitter!

b. Maroon beret is for Para Regt or pers serving in an Para-unit - leave or not posted there = standard headwear.
c. Strictly, unless you're in date or have done an Operational jump, you shouldn't be wearing the wings.....
Quite a bit of your post is bollocks.

Z

Zarathustra

Unless posted to a training unit.
You now wear the "Army Commando" mud guards instead of the dagger in combats.

If you'd care to expand....Then maybe back it up with the appropriate Reference (you'd be surprised at how much common practice is in contravention).....Then I'll more than happily retract my post.
Wings are worn in perpetuity.

Wings are worn in perpetuity.
Really? Not unless the Regs have been amended in the last few months - when, if ever, have you had cause to read them? I have no probs with guys wearing hats and badges if they've passed the relevant cses, but that's not the same as being "Correct". Devil's Advocate and all that...

"operational jump" ? Not many of them bad boys around.

It used to be PAM13, I think, that covered dress regs in "the old days"

Wings, daggers and diving badges were all worn in perpetuity. All other qualifications were at local commander's discretion. That was the rule I was given when I used to be involved in submissions to the Army Dress Committee, by the ADC chairman and Land.

Really? Not unless the Regs have been amended in the last few months - when, if ever, have you had cause to read them? I have no probs with guys wearing hats and badges if they've passed the relevant cses, but that's not the same as being "Correct". Devil's Advocate and all that...
It used to be PAM13, I think, that covered dress regs in "the old days"

Wings, daggers and diving badges were all worn in perpetuity. All other qualifications were at local commander's discretion. That was the rule I was given when I used to be involved in submissions to the Army Dress Committee, by the ADC chairman and Land.
Perhaps I should have said, "when I left active service in 2006 they were awarded & worn in perpetuity". As for when, if ever, I had to look at dress regs I did so as an Adjutant & Staff Officer.

If I was wrong then the pamphlets had not been updated & I send a retrospective set of extras to my Clerk.