p company

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Gremlin said:
You get issued a fluffy toy as a friend for the duration, so not too hard I would imagine!
Grem what did you do with my fluffy freind? Getting back to thread is P company hard, Go try it.

Gotta love the sense of humour sometimes.

P Company (though not from first hand experience yet) is said to be a tough and challenging course. However by the time you have reached P coy you have been trained to the point as a Para where you should be able to get stuck in. Should you fail, no your not binned from the army, you are simply put back a few paces and can attempt p coy again at a later stage. Research lad, research! The info is out there, find it.

thanks and yeah i have researched and yes i should be fit enough especially as i am going to afc first but thanks for the info

rooey said:
yeah i spose but thanks anyway
If you can run 5-8 miles with a about 20lbs or so on your back youll have few probs.

Its really a heart and lungs thing. The trick is to keep going until you finish or collapse.

The milling and trianasium are a piece of piss for any decent tree climbing jack the lad whos tried a bit of boxing in his life. If youre with the Regs youll be ready for it by the time you get to it anyway, so dont worry. If in the TA you need to prepare on your own time and makie careful preparation, which your unit will fill you in on no probs.

Last thing. Each event except the tab is really only about 20-40 mins of exercise. Ans remember, its great fun passing and an interesting mark in your life, but it doesnt reflect Army life.

Chocobot said:
rooey said:
If you can run 5-8 miles with a about 20lbs or so on your back youll have few probs.

Its really a heart and lungs thing. The trick is to keep going until you finish or collapse.

The milling and trianasium are a piece of piss for any decent tree climbing jack the lad whos tried a bit of boxing in his life. If youre with the Regs youll be ready for it by the time you get to it anyway, so dont worry. If in the TA you need to prepare on your own time and makie careful preparation, which your unit will fill you in on no probs.

Last thing. Each event except the tab is really only about 20-40 mins of exercise. Ans remember, its great fun passing and an interesting mark in your life, but it doesnt reflect Army life.
Bit off topic, but do you think P coy has gotten easier over the years?

Fcukface said:
Chocobot said:
rooey said:

You tell me when you did Pcoy,I'll tell you when I did it,then we can compare notes :roll:

Chocobot said:
rooey said:

Very interesting! :D

Which P Company were you on then?

Gungythree said:
Fcukface said:
Chocobot said:
rooey said:

You tell me when you did Pcoy,I'll tell you when I did it,then we can compare notes :roll:
I haven't done it, but watched a video about it (the one back in the 70s) and seen a fairly new one.

There used to be an ice cream van on the edge of long valley and when I did the stretcher race, we were so far ahead, we stopped for an ice cream

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Hey Sick is that the same one, thats Parked halfway up the Fan, and on the middle of the 10 miler?