P company training

Hello
im 16 year old and aiming 2 join P company and i just wanted to no what the best way to train for it is as im running 2 miles a day and doing press up and sit ups will this be fine as im going or if i need 2 do more
and it would be help if eny one has eny tips on keeping my toe's from geting blisters

Quickly edit your post with correct spellings, to avoid abuse on an epic scale!

I have not done P Coy, but can safely say you need to be doing alot more than 2 miles, press-ups and sit-ups you should be aiming for some high numbers! On the running side you will need to mix things up, I'd say make 3 mile runs a minimum and gradually build up to 10 miles.

I'm sure someone from the Para's will answer your question in much more detail!

Type in p company on youtube, have a look at what you are expected to do. This should help you as you will actually see the level of fitness and determination needed. I also have not taken p-company and would expect some real para will be able to guide you abit better but its a start while you wait for their replies.

As for the blisters, i'd be worried about getting them wearing trainers running only 2 mile a day. Maybe you might need to get better trainers, thicker socks or even develop a better running style as two miles in trainers shouldn't be causing blisters lad. In the short term just tape up the area well before runs (idealy with zinc oxide tape)

Good luck lad and stick at it!

edited as i'm a mong who didn't read before posting

I do believe that George-Wyatt is still in nursery school. Either that or he is has a severe spellng disorder that even Mary Poppins can't solve.

Edited for incorrect spelling :oops:

George-Wyatt said:
lol im dislexic :)
I'll help you out here George, its actually spelt dyslexthick. Feel free to cut 'n' paste as necessary.

George-Wyatt said:
and it would be help if eny one has eny tips on keeping my toe's from geting blisters

Yes join the AGC

I have not done P Company, however i am going through basic at the moment and you really need to be looking at doing at least 15 miles running a week, aka 3 miles a day. But just go easy on the upper body, aim to do 50 a day. :D

L

Lizard_Lips

George-Wyatt said:
Hello
im 16 year old and aiming 2 join P company and i just wanted to no what the best way to train for it is as im running 2 miles a day and doing press up and sit ups will this be fine as im going or if i need 2 do more
Mate don't even worry about P Company yet, you've got a long way to go. Concentrate on passing recruit selection first, and then making your way through Depot Para. The Para Reg staff at Catterick will make sure you're ready for P Coy when it comes(unless you're a complete ****** without a spine).

You're not expected to be superhuman on day one. Just follow a sensible training programme. Which you can find on most of the Para Reg websites.

Failing that aim for 5 mile runs no longer than 40 mins. Don't even think about carrying any weight. Go for around 60 -70 press ups and sit ups. Try and get the mile and a half down to 10 mins. The 9;30 mile and a half is for later.

P coy isn't as hard as people think. The build up before it is the hard part.

Work hard and good luck hope to see you in Battalion soon

George-Wyatt said:
Hello
You can't "join Pegasus Company" unless your in the Parachute Regiment... :wink:

What you mean is...you wan't to join the "Parachute Regiment"(and you do P Coy near the end of your training at ITC Catterick)...and for that yes turn up the milage and get under 9.18min for 1.5miles or under 9.40 if you have good upper body strength(but I don't know the exact standards that class whether somebody has good upper body strength or not)

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/3471.aspx

pays.to.win said:
You can't "join Pegasus Company" unless your in the Parachute Regiment... :wink:
Can't you i thought you could.