P Company or All Arms Commando?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by LongGoneSilver, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Torn between 'P' Company or All Arms Commando and would welcome some advice... Sensible or other!
  2. Well....why don't you look what the courses entail. Then make a decision on what you feel would be easier.
  3. I can't speak about P Coy as I didn't do it, but I did AACC (back in the midsts of time, when Moses was a boy in the bullrushes...yadda yadda yadda). It's hard work and the chop rate is phenomenal: less than 20% of my AACC course got through it without injury (and I wasn't one of the 20%) and less than 50% of the course passed.

Notice that you've posted in Prof Qual: are you a QA? If so don't do what one of the medical lads did on my course and moaned during test week that he shouldn't be carrying a weapon. For his troubles he got to carry the section weapon for longer than he should have done on the final test.

Key take aways I'd recommend thinking about, therefore, are:

1. Hard work - mainly physically, but also mentally (motivation, etc)

2. Lots of lessons from initial training come back - e.g., two ears, one mouth, use in proportion

3. Expect to get injured
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I know of a padre who tried the same trick, he was given a shepherds crook that weighed heavier than a rifle, best to keep your mouth shut or you will suffer. 8O
    A doctor on my course carried a rifle, without a problem. He did though, as he was RN, grow a full set, oh how we laughed when he was in the gas chamber.
  5. Most will be lost from AACC due to injury. If you miss more than 24 hours training then you are RTU'd. My injury only required 4 - 5 days rest, and if I'd been a Nod or YO I'd've been fine, but there's no messing around on AACC. The biggest reason for chopping on my course was a dose of D&V that was doing the rounds of the camp!
  6. I'm down to do the All Arms Storemans Course, is that hard? 8O
  7. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding, it takes alot to stack blankets correctly.
  8. Why not do both if you're unsure, P Company was hideous but apparently AACC is pretty buck shea, depends on what bde you want to go to, if you want to go to 16 then its P company, what cap badge are you?
  9. I think that you'll find that the kudos comes from the All Arms Advanced Drill Instructors Course, and you don't even get a badge..... those that know....know! :D
  10. Ah "The drill course" tried it myself once but was confused on English to Metric see :oops: too old fashioned i suppose :(
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Is that a lie Craig? Are you still pretending to be something you aren't? What a sad and silly man you are.
  12. Fixed that for you Porridge.
  13. Maybe so (without actually doing test week or the load carry correctly) but many, many more AGC birds and fat clerks do get to wear the Maroon beret.

You'll get lots more sleep on P Coy and better nights out in Plymouth than Colchester.

In truth both are very hard and require slightly different strengths; the AACC needs good upperbody strength and endurance plus your admin in the field needs to be pretty good. P Coy is a bit more about running/tabbing. The med roles in 3 Bde are certainly varied and interesting with any RN medic that passes working directly (as a CMT) with a Cdo, I don't know if the same opportunities would exist for an Army medic. Why not do both over time?
  14. Is it true that the recent biggest airborne assualt in over 57 years in Afghanistan did not involve the PARAs and that is was the Welsh Guards? If its true its gotta smart a little! Whats happening with PARA Pay? or should it be called AIRMOBILE pay?
  15. If you ask that question I would stay well clear of P Company you`re obviously a commodo candidate. Good luck with that.