• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

P Company, obstacle course?

#1
Easy

50/50 decision here..

the only thing thats stopping me from applying for the paras is the high obstacle course, it daunts me!

i'm not generally scared of hights.. not attall! and im buzzin about applying.. i just don't want to make a fool out of myself.

Anyone here in p company? please give us a bit of confidence, a bit on the inside..

Just a bit more information about it.. cheers!
 
#5
er....

if a bit of scaffolding daunts you, how are you going to handle being buffeted around in a vomit tank for several hours before being hurled out into the slipstream?

might want to rethink i do believe...
 
#8
Dung_trumpet said:
er....

if a bit of scaffolding daunts you, how are you going to handle being buffeted around in a vomit tank for several hours before being hurled out into the slipstream?

might want to rethink i do believe...
i've never heard about a vomit tank for several hours? how long in the training do we have to do this?
 
#10
Yep Fally the machine should be able to put you right on this one. Personally I think I would be more scared of failure than falling off, but then again I haven't done it. I plan to get myself on a insight course soon though.
 
T

the_mentalist

Guest
#11
It is easy mate, although the illusion jump is quite cheeky and requires a leap of faith!
8O
 
#12
the_mentalist said:
It is easy mate, although the illusion jump is quite cheeky and requires a leap of faith!
8O
Done a leap of faith before, jump of a platform and have to grab on to a bar at the end. It was part of a aerial confidence course, didnt find that too bad, but suppose I did have ropes.
 
#13
Only three people fell off when I did it and they are all still breathing as far as I know, it didnt help me in the longrun I still got a standup fail.


Edited to add sorry it was four but I only fell off the cargo net jump so was in a fit state to go back up.
 
#15
What is the purpose of the trainasium? Serious question, not a wah! I can understand the heights bit in relation to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but I still don't get the point of it...
 
#16
I was told it was to see if you were willing to jump when told to do so regardless of what you thought the consequences could be. Also to trust other people with your safety and of course a test of bottle.

Your less likely to refuse to jump from an aircraft if you complete the trainasium, although I stand by to be corrected by those in maroon.
 
#17
flamingo said:
What is the purpose of the trainasium? Serious question, not a wah! I can understand the heights bit in relation to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but I still don't get the point of it...
It is the same as the high obstacle course at RMAS, it is all about confidence, ie learning that you can do it.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#20
Gremlin said:
flamingo said:
What is the purpose of the trainasium? Serious question, not a wah! I can understand the heights bit in relation to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but I still don't get the point of it...
It is the same as the high obstacle course at RMAS, it is all about confidence, ie learning that you can do it.
Close, but no cigar. It is designed to test the recruits response to orders in the face of the natural fear that comes from working at heights.

If it was just a case of learning that you could do it, you could trickle over it any old how.

You have to respond quickly and aggresively to every order to jump etc in order to give the staff the belief that you would respond in the same way when stood in the door.

Besides, it was not that bad, and I'm sure that the bloke in front of me was out of traction before too long! :D
 

Latest Threads