Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P Company in 1977, Browning Barracks.

Mac923

Crow
Is there any way of finding out the dates and course numbers for the P Company selection courses (All Arms, not Para Regt) held at Browning Barracks, Aldershot in 1977 ? My brother (now deceased) did one and I'm trying to find a record of his movements on behalf of his son. (He was REME).

P Company and the Stretcher Race. Oh the happy memories.

Scars on my right shoulder from when the welding snapped holding the iron plates to the scaffolding bars, bouncing up and down on my shoulder every stride we took. Blood running down the drain gulley in the showers afterwards. Brings it all back.

And if I could,
20191028_103347.jpg
I would do it all again.

Good luck with your search, keep us posted.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is there any way of finding out the dates and course numbers for the P Company selection courses (All Arms, not Para Regt) held at Browning Barracks, Aldershot in 1977 ? My brother (now deceased) did one and I'm trying to find a record of his movements on behalf of his son. (He was REME).
Deceased servicemen's records are available to NOK, see it on line 'soldiers records of service'. I have sent for several of these for people, All your brother's courses will be shown with dates and details on his documents. It will cost £30 unless he died as result of service, if so it's free. You will need a copy of his Death certificate. You will receive 'photo copies of his documents only' Good luck.

Mac, I completed P Company in 1986 with 10 para before I joined the corps( RM).I wrote to Army records about it 3years ago ( I left in 1999) and they sent me the record of me passing P Company.Get in touch with Army records mate.

Cheers,

Jay