P-company course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by stu_TAtech, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I posted a while back about joining my local TA inf reg, B coy Royal Irish.

Went down and had my interview etc and the recruiting sarge said he's going to put me in for 16 Air Assault Brigade which means doing p-company right after I finish my CIC.

Any tips or advice on what to expect / how to prepare?

2. get fit.
  3. Plenty of threads on this if you look around.
  4. SARGE!

Hope you didn't call him that! lol
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Go back and have a word with your recruiting Sgt and tell him to lay off the Bushmills!

1 R Irish do not have to do P Coy (although many have done), and it is not a requirement to serve in 16 Air Asslt Bde. If 1 R Irish do not have to, sure as hell the TA elements don't.

Ask him who he plans to have conduct your build up package to ensure that you are fully prepared for your attempt at TAAAPPS?

I think that he may be feeding you a line, or you may have misunderstood.

6. No, I didnt. I'd like to keep my knackers intact thank you very much!
  7. try using the system in your favour and see if you can join some of 4 para's beat up training. this will get you fit and prepare you for P Coy. other than that expect it to be hard. best tip to buy alt berg boots lite and comfy, (all P Coy DS wear them). about 80-90 quid you can find them on line. good luck
  8. He may well have been, he was a bit bull sh*tty about some other stuff. B Coy is 2 RIR but not sure if that makes any difference.
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If so, you are not scaled for an airborne role, and even if you do pass P Coy, you have very little chance of ever getting to Brize.

There have been lots of posts on here from people in various TA units who have been told that they can get on to P Coy. I can only guess that the unit staff do it to try and make it more appealing to the applicant. The honest truth is that you are not in a para roled LSN/PIN, or about to transfer to one you are wasting your time.

Enjoy your training with 2 RIR, and good luck if you get mobilised to 1 R Irish, but don't hold your breath for P Coy.
  10. Cheers for the advice Duke. I thought the recruiting sgt might have been having me on. I'll not hold my breath. :D
  11. Expect way too much to handle and prepare till you can't prepare anymore.