p company after harrogate?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by miles92, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi ive got a place at afc harrogate in sept as a royal engineer and i want to do p company. i was wondering if i could do p company straight after harrogate with the para lads or would i have to wait till i reach my unit?

thanks

2. you have to wait until you get to your battlion and it might even take a few years from then to do all arms P COY

3. He won't be going to a battalion if he joins RE. Once at your Squadron you can then apply for P Coy.

4. I met a sapper at an army careers exhibition who did the all arms commando course between phase 1 and 2 however he said it was very unusual for him to do so.

I don't know if there would be a similar opportunity with p company.

5. You can apply as soon as you reach your Unit, best thing to do though is put in an assignment preference to 9 Sqn as a posting as they will get you on the first available All Arms Course, they are very keen like that.

Make sure your fitness is high but don't overtrain, if you get injured before you start, you'll be fecked!

6. thanks for the info, another question, do you get payed extra for being a parachute engineer?

7. Yes. £160.00 a month extra.

8. Is that just while serving at a Para unit? Does it stop once he goes to a non-airborne unit?

9. Yes it stops mucker.