P.C ness gone bonkers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jest265, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, I know this will more than likely turn into a Man Utd bashing thread, but thought I would post it anyway.

I found out yesterday that fans in the Stretford end have been forced to take down a banner that has been up for many years. The banner reads 'Manchester City' follwed by a calendar counting down it has 28 years written rolling on to 29. Every year the banner is updated.

A few weeks ago fans were forced to remove the banner. Any guesses for the reason why?

It is offensive to other visiting football fans.

FFS that was the whole point. The day football fans can't take this sort of banter will be a very bad day for football IMHO.

Soon there will be silences on the terraces as fans won't be allowed to sing any chants that may offend another teams fans.
  2. I thought it was the fans protesting about Malcolm Glazer. Those responsible for that banner were the hardcore and decided they no longer wanted it displayed, mainly as a fair few now support FC United of Manchester http://www.fc-utd.co.uk
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Sure,Some firm's over here in N.I wont let you wear football kit or ewlery to work as it may be offensive due to the possible sectarian angle.(ie-Rangers & Celtic)
  4. now trying to stop all singing of songs at rangers that may contain sectarian wording 8O 8O 8O 8O

for fecks sake thats half the point in singing them in the first place :D :D :D :D

i am not sectarian in any way my best man was a "tim" but the songs always add to the atmosphere at an "old firm" game :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: