P-8 Poseidon aircraft to support Border Force operations in the Channel

My mate @crash left last year because of a combination of serious illness, online abuse and being associated with a website that had a lot of dodgy characters with XRW views (and thus concerns about his clearances); he also just ran out of energy trying to refute their increasingly zany $hit. Interestingly, he knew magic mushroom and Sir Humphrey...
Well thats a pretty broad and non specific claim.

Serious illness, fcuk all to do with this site.

Online abuse, I am sure the Tekirdog, SOI and his numerous alias has suffered persistently the 10 plus years I have been here without crying about it.

XRW views???? I have been banned on this website for posting redily available youtube videos of right wing views, does your mate @Snowflake cancel its youtube account too?

Now this is about the P-8 so take your tears to another thread.

Well thats a pretty broad and non specific claim.

Serious illness, fcuk all to do with this site.

Online abuse, I am sure the Tekirdog, SOI and his numerous alias has suffered persistently the 10 plus years I have been here without crying about it.

XRW views???? I have been banned on this website for posting redily available youtube videos of right wing views, does your mate @Snowflake cancel its youtube account too?

Now this is about the P-8 so take your tears to another thread.
I was responding to the comments regarding two other prominent arrsers who have chosen to withdraw, along similar lines. Crash was Maritime when I first met him and would have had a fair few valid comments to make about the P8 thread. I worked with him on his last job with the
FCO (I was in MOD) and since he left, worked on two research jobs with him.

It's been covered elsewhere but abusing someone with Stage IV cancer isn't banter; its bullying! He's no snowflake (MID, a couple of commendations, interesting service with the FCO) but he thought why suffer the angst unnecessarily? Additionally (as I am sure you're aware) browsing history is now included within security vetting at certain levels; given his job he felt very concerned about some of the material that has been on this site which has been extremely suspect.

From Feburary - " I've decided to withdraw from ARRSE for the foreseeable future due a number of reasons. These include, the day-job's workload, the difficulty of commenting authoritatively on topics while respecting security and commercial factors, a forthcoming op deployment, and the fact that I'm now involved in additional part-time study. "

He may come back, but he's rather busy, and likely to get busier still in the next few months.

Sir Humphrey (Jim30) was back a few days ago, but largely by accident. I had the impression that he got a bit bored of having the same sort of debate/argument, and have a feeling that he might have departed from making regular contributions at about the same time as he changed jobs.
If you do bump into them, please give them my regards.

Latest Threads