Ozzies get multicam

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by thecoops, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They might as well wear civvies as, when I was there last, they didn't leave KAF:

2. Quite a few aussies down where we were and they were "getting stuck in" regularly....

3. Looks like the U.K is a trend-setter..

4. Apparently the idea is to use MC initially, then get the license to produce an 'Australianised' version.

In 10 years or so, once DMO have finished ******* around, ignoring expert professional advice, wasting millions of dollars, and discounting the results of their own user surveys, the diggers will get a single uniform which costs a fortune, doesn't do the job it was meant for, causes skin problems galore, glows under IR light, burns fiercely, and falls apart after one exercise.

It's what they do.

5. Poor ozzies.. Their superiors are full of such infinite wisdom!

6. Although it might kill off mid-point cam, with a bit of luck. Maybe it's not so bad after all!

7. At first, I thought their camo was a joke! So something new would probably be gladly accepted by the ozzies, and maybe stop them sticking out like tits on a fish..

8. DPCU is actually very effective...

...in Australian conditions.

9. Exactly the problem though buddy - perhaps keeping DPCU for conflicts with environment similar to Australia would be a good bet?

10. It was designed during the Thirty Years' Peace, maybe that's got something to do with it.

11. Just like everything really - Think about the all the Urgent Operational Requirements in Afghan and Iraq, peace-time logic usually never benefits the next conflict...

12. Yes the normal cam is exceptionally good in Aust conditions, they seem to have down-toned the purple blotches in the weird desert pattern. However, the best laugh is the RAN's DPM, presumably designed so that 'men-overboard' are never found.

13. It's even funnier when you look at the GBFO reflective strips permanently affixed to it; a reflective cam uniform...

[​IMG]

14. I have no problems with the uniform working well in Australia - means I'll blend in better if the MAF ever invades.

That being said, you'd think it would take less than nearly 10 years of operations in a country to realise the camo doesn't work well enough and come up with an alternative.