Oy gevalt!

Leftie luvvie, 'Dame' Maureen Lipman complaining about non-Jewish fellow actors being cast as Jews. In clear reference to 'Dame' Helen Mirren getting the gig to play former Israeli PM, Golda Meir, in a forthcoming film.

No doubt her own agent has become used to 'Dame' Maureen constantly turning down offers of non-Jewish roles.

It was but a bare few days ago that 'Dame' Maureen was bemoaning 'cancel culture' killing comedy.

Leftie luvvie, 'Dame' Maureen Lipman complaining about non-Jewish fellow actors being cast as Jews. In clear reference to 'Dame' Helen Mirren getting the gig to play former Israeli PM, Golda Meir, in a forthcoming film.

No doubt her own agent has become used to 'Dame' Maureen constantly turning down offers of non-Jewish roles.

It was but a bare few days ago that 'Dame' Maureen was bemoaning 'cancel culture' killing comedy.
That would be Dame Maureen who played a Anglican Vicar in the Vicar of Dibley, yes?

1641563048910.png

Fancy that - actors portraying something that they are not. Good job that Chris Hemsworth was actually a Norse god in his early life.

A few years ago, I might have suggested that 'Dame' Maureen and 'Dame' Helen mud-wrestle naked for the part.

However, time has moved on and the sight of two naked white actresses covered in mud might be interpreted as the worst kind of 'blackface' performance.

I thought the whole craft of being an actor was the ability to pretend to be someone you're not.

Actually, thinking this through, gays only want gays to play gays; BAME only want BAME to play BAME, now Jews only want Jews to play Jews.
Do you know I agree with this policy 100% and believe it should be enforced. Then we'll have no more black Anne Boleyn's, no more diverse characters popping up in period programmes, no more misplaced characters.

Hurray for Maureen!

I thought the whole craft of being an actor was the ability to pretend to be someone you're not.

Actually, thinking this through, gays only want gays to play gays; BAME only want BAME to play BAME, now Jews only want Jews to play Jews.
Do you know I agree with this policy 100% and believe it should be enforced. Then we'll have no more black Anne Boleyn's, no more diverse characters popping up in period programmes, no more misplaced characters.

Hurray for Maureen!
MV5BOGEzOTcyMDAtYmFkMC00NWJiLThmODYtNzljY2RhMmJjNjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

What do you expect from a daft, old bird from Hull?

I have heard, on too many occasions, television presenters describing leading mummers as "incredible".
My question is that, surely, an actor's success depends entirely on their being believable, otherwise they would not keep landing lead roles that pay them millions of $$$$$?
Oh, hang on. I have seen a few of Hollywood's recent outpourings and, yes, incredible is an accurate descriptor.

I have heard, on too many occasions, television presenters describing leading mummers as "incredible".
My question is that, surely, an actor's success depends entirely on their being believable, otherwise they would not keep landing lead roles that pay them millions of $$$$$?
Oh, hang on. I have seen a few of Hollywood's recent outpourings and, yes, incredible is an accurate descriptor.
images

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Colour me shocked
1641565535979.png

Last edited: