Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, Jul 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

The gutter press have stolen so much, from familes, NOK,s not knowing whats going to bite their arres,s next be it from Soham to Afghan . bent coppers, private investigators, all over a pound note and a headline. I would rather we had no more Red labels, Sun , Mirror daily slag ect s we need responsible and accountable reporting . Because Cheque book journolisiim has lost the plot, and more so it,s integrity.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Like that is ever going to happen?

When a British Prime Minister said that terrorists should be denied the "oxygen of publicity", what did the national broadcaster do? Ran the footage with the terrorists words' "spoken by an actor".

Everyone has an agenda and it usually revolves around gainful employment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Call me an old cynic, but all this foaming at the mouth and faux outrage emanating from Westminster about the gutter press seems like nothing more that corrupt and venal politicians jumping on a passing outrage bus as a means of censoring and shutting up the press with new laws - this would be the press that showed them a few years ago to be all a bunch of thieving and grubby cnuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I particularly enjoyed Alisdair Campbell (twat) on the Politics Show gobbing off about the Press and how they have their own agendas etc etc. What a knob - all he did for Blair (twat) was manipilate the Press to spin his message.

Politicians and the Press are a sleazy bunch of knobjockies who are in the same boat - there is no integrity, public trust or compassion. Its all about staying on the gravy train for this lot
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ..............Well that was impressive.