Oxygen Thief Tag - A reminder

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Feb 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Certain idiots get given this tag at the request of one or more moderators.

Nine time out of ten this is because they spout drivel and their posts do not add anything to the site.

Please do not reply or quote posts made by these individuals.

2. Does the offender see the Oxygen thief medal bar or do they see what they'd get if it hadn't been awarded?
  3. Is that an post an attempt to find out? :p
  4. Is it possible to disable user names / block IP addresses?
  5. DMTW, I think you have it right, why keep them with the tag too? there is no point, certain ones (Logical log) annoy the sh*t out of me! Yet they are still allowed to post even though they have the o2 thief tag.
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Blocking the usernames is easy and has been done several times, the IP question is a bit more difficult.

The majority of ISPs use dynamic IP addressing; therefore to block someone you would theoretically need to block the entire IP range from 1 ISP to stop 1 person, unless you were certain that they had a fixed IP. Even then they could ask their ISP to change it.

In simple terms to stop one user from logging on by IP address, you would have to block everybody who uses that company for access to the web.

It has been discussed before but is not really practical.

An alternative option might be active cookies, but that would be complex to set up!
  7. Ooh, is it due to mine?

Search for the "Shitlist" in the "Site issues" column.
  8. msr

msr LE

Thay are allowed to post, it jst that if everyone ignores them, they will go away...

9. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Smithy for a while...

10. Chubb is like a shit encrusted boomerang, although to my reckoning its never had an O2Thief tag......

11. It's never around long enough to get one. It usually gets banned within minutes of it being discovered. Which is as easy as spotting downs kids in the deep end of an Olympic sized swimming pool.
  12. Actually, before I went swimming tonight, it was "special time" just before free swim.

Mong Swimming....Priceless

Mong Showering after, Even better.

I had to struggle not to shit myself laughing.

"Mlarrr, shampoo, Mlarrr, Mong clean myself"
  13. You’re memory is failing you mate, think back and you’ll remember that the O2Thief tag was created because of her.
  14. I have to admit, I use the O2 thief tag as a homing beacon.

Those that have it are usually insecure nutters who are on the verge of some sort of sydrome or near to a complete breakdown.

I hope in some way that my replies to them will cause self harm or even suicide.

Sometimes we will never know if they have been banned or are tied to an engine block in the Grand Union canal. I do like closure though. It would be nice to know.

15. It does mate....too much beer...!