Oxford council

Hope they have a disaster recovery plan and backups for all their data in secure locations.

South Oxfordshire District Council building on fire BBC NEWS.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I would imagine that they would have a backup and another location to work from ie.. In case of war or civil unrest etc etc

Daz

LE
A geeza a has been arrested, no report of his headdress or beardishness but I'm guessing it's a local dispute over having to fill out form B 27G-W/234 in triplicate for his glasshouse extension.

I would imagine that they would have a backup and another location to work from ie.. In case of war or civil unrest etc etc

Don't bet on it. Councils thoughout the UK have been selling off and consolodating buildings since the financial crisis hit.
It's not like the cold war anymore where there were backup facilities for when the main buildings were destroyed.

There goes my community charge up again.

I just hope there are no casualtys.

Bollocks!, they share their building with my Council, The Vale of White Horse.

Don't bet on it. Councils thoughout the UK have been selling off and consolodating buildings since the financial crisis hit.
It's not like the cold war anymore where there were backup facilities for when the main buildings were destroyed.

you got it when Oxford city's phone system/computers had a minor fault no one could contact anyone and I made the point to them what if we had a major emergency.

Twenty seven fire crews were sent to separate infernos at a thatched home, a funeral parlour and the council offices - all reported within less than 10 minutes of each other, just after 3am.

The families will save a fortune from the price of a cremation.

The families will save a fortune from the price of a cremation.

ouch

there is already a queue to be buried in the area and services are being cut down to half the time.
that's because lots of old people who couldn't afford to heat there homes died over Christmas thanks to the "we are all in it together conservatives"...

of topic a bit so I am admonishing myself

It is unthinkable to think in this day and age that they wouldn't have data backups off site in a secure location....

Just in case they haven't residents of Oxford may wish to cancel their household rates direct debits and see if a demand is forthcoming..... Bugger that it is now the middle of Jan and it is is not due again till April though....

Strongly suspect this is some local with a huge grievance against the council. Chances of terrorism = nil...

ouch

there is already a queue to be buried in the area and services are being cut down to half the time.
that's because lots of old people who couldn't afford to heat there homes died over Christmas thanks to the "we are all in it together conservatives"...

of topic a bit so I am admonishing myself

Yes because nobody died of hypothermia, banks didn't exploit tax loop holes, MP's didn't take huge pay rises, there were no waiting lists at the NHS, the budget was balanced and unicorns trotted about the Pennines when labour were in charge.

So a guy drives into a council offices, pulls out a few cans of petrol and is seen setting fire to them. The police say they are treating it "as suspicious". Wow! Aren't we lucky to have such perspicacious police forces?

So a guy drives into a council offices, pulls out a few cans of petrol and is seen setting fire to them. The police say they are treating it "as suspicious". Wow! Aren't we lucky to have such perspicacious police forces?

I don't know what that word means but don't they watch Morse he wouldn't be fooled.

That must be a load of old cobblers...

Old people get free money to heat their homes with...

Latest Threads