Oxford Circus incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Nov 24, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I only travel on the tube to get between Victoria and Euston stations and to push miserable-looking people on to the third rail and claim it was suicide. Light conversation is not on the agenda.

I'm surprised she didn't mace you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Well, yes, my bad. I just stick to talking to cabbies now. They have a surprising insight into Politcs (puts the FCO and Cabinet Office into shame). Plus a take on cultural diversity, as well as the weather in Manchester.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. She was too occupied as I stuck a post it on her back saying ‘Foreign plumer, no job too small, cash only’. Then called it in, and a lot of shouty people turned up.

4. Has the home office special advisor @Werewolf spoken?

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  5. She sounds like a keeper

6. ..have you not got mirrors in your house?

7. Of course!

If we'd had orange string and duct-tape in 1939, the unpleasantness would have been satisfactorily concluded by Christmas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I take it going shopping to day with my trusty old Beano "Gnashers snapper" not advisable then

WW

• Like Like x 4
  9. By Chance I was on the balcony of a well known Broadcasting house overlooking Oxford Circus at the time of the incident. Whilst testing some sat equipment I became aware of lots of police cars converging on the intersection.
    The numbers of police grew as the first frantic, panicky tweets began to emerge claiming gun shots.. I had heard nothing at that point. When the SCO19 convoy turned up I thought things might get interesting. Further windy tweets were fired off by people who weren't actually there - including of course Kay Burley's hysterical:

Man with a gun in Oxford Street. Stay away from the area. Tune to @SkyNews NOW

As I had a clear view of the incident I rang our news desk to get a camera up to where I was in order to get a 'live' shot. Nothing happened for a while so I ran into the building to chase it up. In the meantime security had locked the balcony door - it took a little while to get out again with a camera. As I was setting up there was almighty lot of mass screaming as hundreds of people bomb burst away from the tube...

At this point I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of 'Blue Thunder' but a short while after the 'self evacuation' the counter terror specials climbed back into their wagons and headed away, back to R****** P*** presumably to expend their pent up frustration on some sofa cushions.

• Informative Informative x 6
  10. THEM walt.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. More Gentile than Golders Green, anyway ;)

• Funny Funny x 3

12. Rupert’s Prat?

13. and sly EU, Brexit, Donald Trump and what now comments.

14. Compiling your memoirs in preparation for a book by chance? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spreading terror to the soft underbelly of Europe.
    Maximum impact for minimum outlay.
    I'm surprised that no one has claimed the incident.

• Like Like x 1