Oxfam Staff Sexual Exploitation

I'm more amused than anything.

Can you prove to me that every squaddie who has fcuked a whore in Kenya or Belize knows, and can prove, that she was of age? Are you telling me that the reasons why the whores existed in Kenya aren't that far away from the reason they existed in Haiti - Kenya isn't a great place to be if you're poor and black. AFAIK we're supposed to be in Kenya to help as well, or it's ok to bang a whore there because it's more transactional?

I personally don't think we should allow our lads to whore at all - it undermines us, and creates a culture that engenders a particularly nasty set of behaviours by men over women.

It is instructive that whoring seems to be an irregular verb - I use a 'lady of the night' and it is entirely transactional, the Oxfam worker uses an underage girl and it is exploitative - and one that yet again brings out the greyflakes - why is my money being wasted on this...

I wonder if I did a cross check between this thread and those expressing outrage over this issue, and say the 'snowflake' thread who are mocking millenials for their attitudes, if I'd find much hypocrisy?
I don't think the Army needs any lectures on the rights and wrongs of 'paying for ladies' from a member of the Andrew! :smile:

I'm more amused than anything.

Can you prove to me that every squaddie who has fcuked a whore in Kenya or Belize knows, and can prove, that she was of age? Are you telling me that the reasons why the whores existed in Kenya aren't that far away from the reason they existed in Haiti - Kenya isn't a great place to be if you're poor and black. AFAIK we're supposed to be in Kenya to help as well, or it's ok to bang a whore there because it's more transactional?

I personally don't think we should allow our lads to whore at all - it undermines us, and creates a culture that engenders a particularly nasty set of behaviours by men over women.

It is instructive that whoring seems to be an irregular verb - I use a 'lady of the night' and it is entirely transactional, the Oxfam worker uses an underage girl and it is exploitative - and one that yet again brings out the greyflakes - why is my money being wasted on this...

I wonder if I did a cross check between this thread and those expressing outrage over this issue, and say the 'snowflake' thread who are mocking millenials for their attitudes, if I'd find much hypocrisy?
Alfred, the problem is that the squaddies are not there with the specific purpose of 'helping' the population in their time of peril.
The aid agencies are.
Yes, all whoring is exploitative.
But this latest allegation goes far beyond the pale.

I don't think the Army needs any lectures on the rights and wrongs of 'paying for ladies' from a member of the Andrew! :smile:
quite right, we use our charm instead to woo them to our beds: we're not all neanderthals...

Alfred, the problem is that the squaddies are not there with the specific purpose of 'helping' the population in their time of peril.
The aid agencies are.
Yes, all whoring is exploitative.
But this latest allegation goes far beyond the pale.
so you subscribe the irregular verb: we're ok doing it, they're not.

and we've heard upthread that squaddies used whores in Bosnia, when we were most certainly there to help them....

Matelots never pay for ladies, ever. Ladyboys yes, ladies no.

Ah much like working for a certain large bank with firm connections to SE Asia.

Within living memory the team bonding activities consisted of the regular Friday night whoring expeditions.
I got sacked from a private security gig when the rising son of Asia I was minding in Glasgow (and no I have no Idea why he needed security, unless as I suspect he was such a liability they were trying to reign him in) got upset that I would not go out and procure for him. Though perhaps throwing the yellow pages at him the 4th time he drunkenly told me to "go get girl" and telling him to phone one himself may have been seen as unprofessional.

Last edited:
I presume you were equally sanctimonious about your squaddies using whores in Kenya, Belize, Germany, UK, Ulster, etc etc.

Or not so much?
Northern Ireland is in the UK, the rest of Ulster, Co Donegal, Co Monaghan, and Co Cavan were not exactly where I think even the most desperate and stupid tom would go looking for prossies.

I got sacked from a private security gig when the rising son of Asia I was minding in Glasgow (and no I have no Idea why he needed security, unless as I suspect he was such a liability they were trying to reign him in) got upset that I would not go out and procure for him. Though perhaps throwing the yellow pages at him the 4th time he drunkenly told me to "go get girl" and telling him to phone one himself may have been seen as unprofessional.
A Bangkok based friend of mine had as part of his remit with a large American company the procurement of "entertainment" of customers when the lights came on in Krung Thep, which included the procurement of said "ladies".

Fixed.
Most haven't got a clue, try to impose first world solutions on to what isn't actually seen as a problem, and generall balls it up.
I recall drinking their 'tasty' soup in one place, and pointing out to the chaps that as nutritious as it might be, getting the locals to drink it would be near impossible, as it was a world away, taste and flavour wise, to what the locals were used to.
The aid chaps just didn't 'get it'. And forsooth that they should eat the local food - by god, what is that stuff?
Deep fried chicken fresh out of the electrical transformer oil. There is good reason to avoid local food.

1518452741081.png

To prove that you are not a robot, please rearrange the words into a more truthful motto.

(An Oxfam shop is seen, in London, Britain, February 11, 2018. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls)

so you subscribe the irregular verb: we're ok doing it, they're not.

and we've heard upthread that squaddies used whores in Bosnia, when we were most certainly there to help them....
I’m trying to work out what your point is. Are you saying that Oxfam shouldn’t be criticised by members here because squaddies have associated with sex workers?
Two wrongs don’t make a right. And parallels with transgressions by UN troops were mentioned on page 1.

Oxfam deputy chief executive resigns

Someone very near4 the top is falling on their sword for this one.

I'd rather nobody resigned & they stayed in-situ to answer for the actions of the organisation.
This shouldn't go away just because one of the top salary earners has jacked in her job.

I’m trying to work out what your point is. Are you saying that Oxfam shouldn’t be criticised by members here because squaddies have associated with sex workers?
Two wrongs don’t make a right. And parallels with transgressions by UN troops were mentioned on page 1.
My point is I'm waiting for all the greyflakes on here to start criticising the British Armed Forces for using prostitutes around the world. Equally, I look forward to the request for "heads to roll" amongst our hierarchy, and a drive to make illegal prostitution amongst all of the UK's Armed Forces from those who are demanding that of the NGO/Charity sector. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Until then, I'm just hearing mass hypocrisy and chuntering by those who don't like the modern world.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The only charity to ever get a penny from me was our casualties fund.

If you give money to any big charitable organisation, chances are it's being spent on wages for people not fulfilling a role.

**** me, I worked one day in an Oxfam to see what the script was. Walked on, volunteered to sift their donations. Took me straight in to a room full, full of stuff.

Ended up binning half of it - straight into the wheelie bin outside. Did you know that a good Oxfam shop makes around £2,000 a week in sales? All volunteer staff apart from the manager, registered charity so minimal if any rates, etc.

Don't give the cnuts a penny.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
The only charity to ever get a penny from me was our casualties fund.

If you give money to any big charitable organisationstion, chances are it's being spent on wages for people not fulfilling a role.

**** me, I worked one day in an Oxfam to see what the script was. Walked on, volunteered to sift their donations. Took me straight in to a room full, full of stuff.

Ended up binning half of it - straight into the wheelie bin outside. Did you know that a good Oxfam shop makes around £2,000 a week in sales? All volunteer staff, registered charity so minimal if any rates, etc.

Don't give the ***** a penny.
I trained with a nurse whose husband worked for them, she'd not give them a penny. She said back in the 80's they were buying 4x4's Land rovers I think, not your basic type of MOD one, oh no not for our African chums, all aircon, leather seats, top spec.
She despised them, lived in a huge house in a lovely village so couldn't be all bad.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I trained with a nurse whose husband worked for them, she'd not give them a penny. She said back in the 80's they were buying 4x4's Land rovers I think, not your basic type of MOD one, oh no not for our African chums, all aircon, leather seats, top spec.
She despised them, lived in a huge house in a lovely village so couldn't be all bad.
My biggest bugbear is that the people who give the most to these charities are the people who don't have much money to spare in the first place.

I think if more people understood finances and were able to see Oxfam, et'als, balance sheets, they'd soon stop donating.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO Charities and Welfare 0
brummieboy1 The NAAFI Bar 35
birduk Gurkhas 4