Oxfam Staff Sexual Exploitation

So not only did the Oxfam chaps help the natives during working hours, they stimulated the economy when off duty?

Commendable devotion to duty. MBE's all round;)
MBEs? is that like AIDS?

Can anyony answer me this question please;
HM Govt already pays 0.7% gdp towards international development. I understand that the Govt also gives Oxfam 32 million a year. Is this 32 million part of the international aid budget, or is this an entirely different thing altogether?
Cheers.
Almost certainly it's part of the 0.7%

HM Treasury et al are masters at massaging figures to allow double counting and hence 'big up' contributions to international commitments.

I'd not be surprised to hear that they included MoD hearts and minds activities in this total (whatever those are called these days), so including donations to NGO is a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In consideration of some of those in need of real relief it might be the only resource some females have left to sell. Should we deprive them of what is a legal transaction if some people wish to make some money rather than waitng for charity relief?
Yes.

The NGOs are there to provide the relief, free of charge.

That's what the charitable donations were for,including Government subsidy, and that's why the organisation exists in the first place.

Its not meant to be a free trip to indulge in sex-tourism and exploitation.

If NGO workers want to spend their hard-earned on hookers, then thats fine - pay for a ticket to Amsterdam or Thailand and do whatever you like, in your own time.

If you're going to the site of a disaster, its irrelevant if its your money or not, or whether the girls are trying to make some money for food etc. The whole purpose is that you're there to help, and you should be providing that assistance without f**king underage, vulnerable boys and girls.

There is a clear distinction between the two - its not a difficult concept.

Not so. Whether they paid for sex out of their own pockets or not they are still exploiting vulnerable people who have been forced into prostitution by poverty.

Maybe they paid well over the market rate for their BJ's in line with Fair Trade principles......?

Fair trade is a social movement whose stated goal is to help hookers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions and to promote sustainable shagging.

If you want a professional job of anything, go to a professional.
That's all they've done.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A surprising amount of charities depend on 'Grey Power' - retired people happy to work unpaid. My parents helped the RNLI for years emptying collection boxes in pubs. Drove round a few each day, emptied the collection boxes, counted the money and banked it.

If the bad publicity stops the retired working for some charities, they'll suddenly be all generals and no foot soldiers.

Wordsmith

let me say it again their own money i.e. their wages - came from either private of governmental institutions. So I am less inclined to be on the benevolent side than I would normally be.
I presume you were equally sanctimonious about your squaddies using whores in Kenya, Belize, Germany, UK, Ulster, etc etc.

Or not so much?

This is why you need to hire white racists for your people on the ground - then you won't have this little problem.
you available, or do you just like killing them?

I presume you were equally sanctimonious about your squaddies using whores in Kenya, Belize, Germany, UK, Ulster, etc etc.

Or not so much?
The ones in Germany were rather lovely...especially at Sam's in Iserlohn...UK ones I wouldn't touch with yours on the end of a barge pole.

Or not so much?
AS I wrote above, if your house and home have been smashed to bits by weather, civil war etc, and you have nothing left at all, it is a big difference between selling yourself to survive, and selling yourself to get the next fix.
Especially as the AID organisation should be handing out the kit for free, as opposed to using it to lure youngsters into sex.
Or using their presence in a 'buyer's market' scenario to get cheap sexual gratification.
They were probably getting their rocks off for less than the price of a beer.

Donations to Oxfam will go down because of this, but as it has only just come in to the mainsteam news it will damage Oxfam and the good work they carry out, sadly the few screw it up (sorry for the pun) for the many!

There must be a balance mustn’t there? On one hand we’ve got the “super charities” like Oxfam, with their multi-£100k salaried CEOs, big name supporters, high profile campaigns and their undoubted depth of knowledge and clout. Then on the other, you’ve got the little fish who might mean well but are too small to be effective- even if a higher proportion of the cash they raise goes to their good cause.

Charities on the scale of Oxfam suffer the same malaise as this country’s big business. The bosses are paid shitloads “because that’s what we need to pay to get the best,” but then turn out to be not the best and also unapologetic, unaccountable and out the door with a massive golden handshake.
I think you can condense the above down to one word to describe "super charities" like Oxfam- and that word is ' corrupt'.

The whole 'charidee' set-up in the UK is a cluster cfuk. Especially with taxpayers' money being fed into "charities" like Oxfam.

This is yet another reason why the 13 point something billion pounds Sterling being p*ssed away of foreign aid by the British government needs to be sharply curbed.

How many unemployable snowflake offspring of politicians and others of influence use a stint in the employ of a charity as a stepping stone between uni and a public sector appointment, or for some the start of the climb up the greasy pole into politics?. Basically a taxpayer funded gap year or longer, with free sex with the to be exploited natives thrown in.

Last edited:

Or not so much?
Sanctimonious - no I wasn't. Particularly as they weren't involved in using underage girls in areas of devastation such as they were in Haiti. The culprits were supposed to be in the location to help the locals as the result of a natural catastrophe, not take advantage of them.

I assume that you don't think there is anything wrong with that or you are trying to apply a one golf club for all uses approach. Are you seriously suggesting T Atkins banging some prostitute in Linienstrasse in Dortmund is the same as doing the same to an underage girl in Haiti when the bangors are supposed to be there to help the poor barstewards?

Edited to add - or are you just looking for an argument?

Total bollocks.

1. They were there on charity/taxpayers dime to help with disaster relief, not exploit the locals.
2. They exploited, allegedly,some underage girls.

Turns out the government, Oxfam,other NGOs, MSM and most sane people disagree with you.

I read this also, it's not concrete proof just and assumption, bet the reporting newspaper can now sell more stories on an assumption.

Sanctimonious - no I wasn't. Particularly as they weren't involved in using underage girls in areas of devastation such as they were in Haiti. The culprits were supposed to be in the location to help the locals as the result of a natural catastrophe, not take advantage of them.

I assume that you don't think there is anything wrong with that or you are trying to apply a one golf club for all uses approach. Are you seriously suggesting T Atkins banging some prostitute in Linienstrasse in Dortmund is the same as doing the same to an underage girl in Haiti when the bangors are supposed to be there to help the poor barstewards?

Edited to add - or are you just looking for an argument?
I'm more amused than anything.

Can you prove to me that every squaddie who has fcuked a whore in Kenya or Belize knows, and can prove, that she was of age? Are you telling me that the reasons why the whores existed in Kenya aren't that far away from the reason they existed in Haiti - Kenya isn't a great place to be if you're poor and black. AFAIK we're supposed to be in Kenya to help as well, or it's ok to bang a whore there because it's more transactional?

I personally don't think we should allow our lads to whore at all - it undermines us, and creates a culture that engenders a particularly nasty set of behaviours by men over women.

It is instructive that whoring seems to be an irregular verb - I use a 'lady of the night' and it is entirely transactional, the Oxfam worker uses an underage girl and it is exploitative - and one that yet again brings out the greyflakes - why is my money being wasted on this...

I wonder if I did a cross check between this thread and those expressing outrage over this issue, and say the 'snowflake' thread who are mocking millenials for their attitudes, if I'd find much hypocrisy?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO Charities and Welfare 0
brummieboy1 The NAAFI Bar 35
birduk Gurkhas 4