Oxfam Staff Sexual Exploitation

I will expect the lawyers to appear on the scene any time now, looks to me that there could be rich pickings in this for them. Search parties out in Haiti for any woman/girl/or self identified woman/Trans with a coffee coloured sprog or two. Rich charities will settle out of court to avoid more adverse publicity?

I liked the denial by the bloke at the centre of it, lies and exagerations he claims. Followed by saying some of it is correct.

A lone voice in the wilderness sticking up for Oxfam?
However, Glastonbury festival founder Michael Eavis defended Oxfam, calling it a "wonderful" charity.
Speaking at the NME Awards, he said the festival had raised £6m for the charity, and planned to continue its support.Mr Eavis added that "a few dodgy people" should not discredit its good work.

I wonder how many actually share and agree with his thoughts but are too caught up in being "outraged" to stop and think this through?

However, Glastonbury festival founder Michael Eavis defended Oxfam, calling it a "wonderful" charity.
Speaking at the NME Awards, he said the festival had raised £6m for the charity, and planned to continue its support.Mr Eavis added that "a few dodgy people" should not discredit its good work.

I wonder how many actually share and agree with his thoughts but are too caught up in being "outraged" to stop and think this through?
Personally, there are many members and volunteers that believe in the original ideals of Oxfam, however it is guided by the type of people who go from Quango to Charity and back again while reaping huge rwards and denying everything when it goes arse up. Also the amount that Oxfam and they are not alone in this, pay their senior people and admin, detracts from any good work they do on the ground.

I used to buy my coffee beans and Christmas cards from Oxfam, but they got so expensive

Personally, there are many members and volunteers that believe in the original ideals of Oxfam, however it is guided by the type of people who go from Quango to Charity and back again while reaping huge rwards and denying everything when it goes arse up. Also the amount that Oxfam and they are not alone in this, pay their senior people and admin, detracts from any good work they do on the ground.
Not to mention massive payouts when they cock it all up and have to leave, then get parachuted into another nonsense job on megabucks.

Eavis said Corbyn would be PM by now - dream on.

I will expect the lawyers to appear on the scene any time now, looks to me that there could be rich pickings in this for them. Search parties out in Haiti for any woman/girl/or self identified woman/Trans with a coffee coloured sprog or two. Rich charities will settle out of court to avoid more adverse publicity?
Phil Shiner is currently at a loose end.

Let he that is without sin etc...however the charity is still headline news this weekend. Mary Beard "wondered how hard it must be to sustain “civilised” values in a disaster zone", and apparently burst into tears on Twitter following online criticism and accusations of 'excusing the workers’ behaviour'.

We've said on here that alleged aid organisation and peace-keeper punishable sex crimes go back ten years. Sky, The Independent, and The Telegraph all picked it up over the weekend. Any bets on prosecutions, or the curtailment of the UK's foreign aid budget?

A report presented to charities in 2008 claimed that children as young as six were forced to sell sex to aid workers in exchange for cash, food and mobile phones. And the Oxfam sex abuse crisis deepened last night after it emerged that British aid agencies were warned 10 years ago of an “urgent problem”.

Never mind, the "abuse of women in Oxfam's name is particularly hard to bear and Oxfam is sorry". That might not be enough to stop Haiti from expelling Oxfam, which won't be bidding for funding for a while, but --like other sleazy miscreants we know-- they will probably survive.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Let he that is without sin etc...however the charity is still headline news this weekend. Mary Beard "wondered how hard it must be to sustain “civilised” values in a disaster zone", and apparently burst into tears on Twitter following online criticism and accusations of 'excusing the workers’ behaviour'.

We've said on here that alleged aid organisation and peace-keeper punishable sex crimes go back ten years. Sky, The Independent, and The Telegraph all picked it up over the weekend. Any bets on prosecutions, or the curtailment of the UK's foreign aid budget?

A report presented to charities in 2008 claimed that children as young as six were forced to sell sex to aid workers in exchange for cash, food and mobile phones. And the Oxfam sex abuse crisis deepened last night after it emerged that British aid agencies were warned 10 years ago of an “urgent problem”.

Never mind, the "abuse of women in Oxfam's name is particularly hard to bear and Oxfam is sorry". That might not be enough to stop Haiti from expelling Oxfam, which won't be bidding for funding for a while, but --like other sleazy miscreants we know-- they will probably survive.
I get the feeling from the media that Oxfam (who I have had problems with before) will still get funding but will be wasting their time asking for an increase. No idea how true it is.

I get the feeling from the media that Oxfam (who I have had problems with before) will still get funding but will be wasting their time asking for an increase. No idea how true it is.
Oxfam has agreed to stop bidding for UK government funding until it can show it meets the suddenly requisite government "high standards", says the BBC and Sky. Wonder what the standards were before the sh*tstorm happened and they all got found out.

The charity, which had a total income of £409m last year, received £31.7m from the government in 2016. This is about 8% of the charity's income. The amount also represents about a quarter of a percent of the government's annual foreign aid spending. Oxfam agrees to stop government funding bids.

Let he that is without sin etc...
When it comes to sh@gging kids I think the vast majority of us are without that particular sin.

I'm not sure about Oxfam's motivation in refusing further government funding. They are of the left and standard procedure for lefties when disaster strikes seems to be get your head down till everybody forgets. Keith Vaz, Ken Livingstone and Jared O'Mara are living proof of that. The kangaroo "courts" that take place in far left political groups happen largely to keep the groups out of the public eye. Rape? No comrades, she was gagging for it.

The cries of political bias and overreaction from Oxfam senior management do not inspire confidence in the charity's ability to deal with this matter internally. Like entitled MPs, they seem to believe that they are above the law. Their celebrity "ambassadors" are publicly deserting them like the proverbial rats from a sinking ship. In private, I expect that their friends in high places are fleeing at a rate that can only be provoked by an impending paedophile scandal.

Oxfam was in receipt of tens of millions of pounds from the government, err I mean from us, while these alleged crimes were taking place. Foregoing future funding should not stop any government investigation that is under way. If they're found to be culpable, they should receive no more public funding and their charitable status should be reviewed. They're not indispensable and I'm sure plenty of other charities could replace them.

Finally, British citizens who molest kids abroad are guilty of an offence in the UK. We might not be able to deport anybody to Haiti because of the state of their prisons but we can sure as hell prosecute them here. Hopefully the Department for International Development has people and DNA kits in Haiti as I write this.

I wont give a penny to "charity". Charity gets too much of my taxpayers money as it is. [Foreign Aid]
Legion, lifeboats, and local hospice....that's all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO Charities and Welfare 0
brummieboy1 The NAAFI Bar 35
birduk Gurkhas 4