Oxfam Staff Sexual Exploitation

Blogg

LE
Back on thread, I wonder what the next generation of charity adverts will tell us can be purchased for just three pounds a month...
Unlikely to be the truth:

"Just three pounds a month will help fund a Progressive Lobbyist and his svelte assistant to fly business class to the Seychelles to attend a Global Conference on Engaging Elites in Developing Countries

25p of your donation may end up in the form of something that may help real people directly but that is not really what we do nor indeed want to do any more.

We are past all that and really need to add value by going to Davos, UN Summits and Political gatherings to show how vital we are and to remind people that we help keep their particular Aid Industry gravy train on the tracks and allow them to Signal their Progressive Virtues.

Just give us money and don't think about it too much. Even if we explained it all clearly most of you are obviously too stupid to understand what good work we are actually doing and might just think many of us are self serving Leftists more interested in our own careers and/or furthering the Progressive cause and don't care about the actual fate of the Lumpenproletariat in shitholes because they never have been anything other than a problem"

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
I think I heard on the radio this morning that a Mini driver has quit being Oxfam's good willy ambassador, although I may be confused - it is early and I haven't had a drink yet.

Sky reporting that National Crime Agency has been contacted because an aid worker in the third world paid for a brass.
I can almost hear the helos being scrambled.

HE117

LE
Yes.
and No.
Because guaranteed the rulers/dictator of disaster/drought-struck sh*thole will going screaming to the UN that this is just an imperialist/colonialist subterfuge to take control of the nation.

Also, with a bunch of chaps on stag with razor wire and pick helves, the chances of looting the kit at the dockside diminish.

And as most of the 'aid' sent from the west gets half-inched, or its distribution gets 'controlled' by the praetorian guard, thus keeping the victims in subjection, the dictators loose their strength.
Except of course that the UN field workers are probably the worst of the bunch...!

Frankly the current NGO based aid setup is actually propping up these regimes! They are yet another example of "Run a system too long and people will game it to their own ends". The whole system has been attracting shysters and nutters like flies to and open drain for years.

I have a strong suspicion that DFID was set up to achieve two objectives:
1. Get Clair Short out of mainstream politics.
2. Provide "nice little earners" for ex NGO types.

At least by channeling aid through the military, you build on an existing organisation that has proper inbuilt command and control and maintains an enduring asset. If countries/dictators are not willing to play ball, then let them go elsewhere. I'm damn sure the Chinese and Russian aid systems are not run as "charidees".

As far as the existing charities are concerned, they need to have all the free money taps (e.g. grants, tax free status etc) turned off, at least until they sort themselves out. Much like Carillion, we need to find better ways of managing national assets...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Quite amazing all things considered.

Seems one of the Oxfam trusties Caroline Thomson who made the big apology was involved in the Saville fiasco at the BBC, left under a cloud with £670,000.

Oh and she uses her maiden name rather than Lady Liddle.

This collection of individuals that seem to inhabit some upper layer of our society casting out their pearls of wisdom and direction are beyond belief.
Any chance you can put the links in? I'll do it this time.

PressReader.com - Zeitungen aus der ganzen Welt

Of course oxfam still likes to play with uk politics.

A round-up of perspectives on Brexit | Blogs | Oxfam GB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The media are in a feeding frenzy - I'd expect lots more to come out about far more charities than Oxfam when "abused young victims" are encouraged to come out and make allegations. This could make the Saville affair look like small change.
Cue Shiner's return paying the youngsters for 'evidence'?

I got a leg-over off an old bird I met in the British Legion after the lash up on remembrance day, she was head of their poppy appeal collections.

Do I have a case?

Except of course that the UN field workers are probably the worst of the bunch...!

Frankly the current NGO based aid setup is actually propping up these regimes! They are yet another example of "Run a system too long and people will game it to their own ends". The whole system has been attracting shysters and nutters like flies to and open drain for years.

I have a strong suspicion that DFID was set up to achieve two objectives:
1. Get Clair Short out of mainstream politics.
2. Provide "nice little earners" for ex NGO types.

At least by channeling aid through the military, you build on an existing organisation that has proper inbuilt command and control and maintains an enduring asset. If countries/dictators are not willing to play ball, then let them go elsewhere. I'm damn sure the Chinese and Russian aid systems are not run as "charidees".

As far as the existing charities are concerned, they need to have all the free money taps (e.g. grants, tax free status etc) turned off, at least until they sort themselves out. Much like Carillion, we need to find better ways of managing national assets...
Just about sums it up. Can I steal your post?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I got a leg-over off an old bird I met in the British Legion after the lash up on remembrance day, she was head of their poppy appeal collections.

Do I have a case?
A case of VD perhaps..

HE117

LE
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO Charities and Welfare 0
brummieboy1 The NAAFI Bar 35
birduk Gurkhas 4

Latest Threads