Oxfam Shops.

Went shopping in town this morning, walking down Market Street, I passed the Oxfam shop. In the window is a big sign, saying they will be closed for good middle of Sept.

Got me to thinking, what is that funny smell in Oxfam shops.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
brummieboy1 said:
Went shopping in town this morning, walking down Market Street, I passed the Oxfam shop. In the window is a big sign, saying they will be closed for good middle of Sept.

Old ladies wee in the clothes and shoes on the rack - and in the clothes and shoes of the old ladies behind the counter.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The smell of all the money that is made and is not passed on to the deserving cause but used for "admin" purposes.

Legs said:
brummieboy1 said:

Old ladies wee in the clothes and shoes on the rack - and in the clothes and shoes of the old ladies behind the counter.
and dead cats that they keep in the "Toy Section".

Hopefully not the "Special Toy Section"

My friend used to say Woolworths smelt of 'Granny's and farts'.

I think Oxfam is more denatured chanel, mouldy pot pourri and a quixotic mix of laundry powder of varying effectiveness.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And the smell of rotting and decomposing flesh emanating from the zombies who staff the place.

milsum said:
My friend used to say Woolworths smelt of 'Granny's and farts'.

I think Oxfam is more denatured chanel, mouldy pot pourri and a quixotic mix of laundry powder of varying effectiveness.
That may be the real reason for it's downfall. Most Oxfams are, after all, still open.

Some of the shops dont have the facility to wash clothes on site so they normally use a machine similar to a wall paper steamer to steam the clothes which also removes creases. I have not been in a charity shop for a few years but support what they try to do.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
old_fat_and_hairy said:
The smell of all the money that is made and is not passed on to the deserving cause but used for "admin" purposes.
Oxfam woman on Radio 2 last week claimed that 1/3 of all money raised went on Wages and Admin

I know someone who started work for Banardo's on 40K

Nice if you can get it of Course it helps to have a degree... In Modern American History :wink:

Im just saying that they are a charity and every penny is supposed to be valuable and some of thease shops dont have the space to fit in washing machines or have the budget for it. If your sensible you would wash it before you wore it anyway

Mr_Deputy said:
Let's be honest the smell is decaying skins cells, wee etc. I like to go in and practice my diving technique by holding my breath.

I heard that Oxfam makes about, roughly approximately a round figure of 125 trillion US dollar euro pounds from selling books which dead people have owned. This is more than David Smith, Suzanne Breeze and Jennifer Flowerpot who all own bookshops (you know, shops that sell books) nearby and they have been forced out of business. They had to leave the UK and live off food handouts in Sudan. Donald Trump who owns Oxfam recently is quoted as saying "balderdash" and riding off on a white electric stallion. There have been no further comments from the global bookselling giant.
But rumour has it that they are the force behind NASA and Walker's Crisps. Or chips if you are American or retarded/Australian and are thought to be looking at quotes for building a death star from which they can best organise jumble. It is not know, at this time, the likely location for this death star but one of the Surrey towns is most likely according to an insider.
Mr D. I thought you'd kicked your Vodka, Red Bull and Bleach habit? :wink:

sosolid6 said:
Im just saying that they are a charity and every penny is supposed to be valuable and some of thease shops dont have the space to fit in washing machines or have the budget for it. If your sensible you would wash it before you wore it anyway
They've got space for dead cats and zombies though. Hmm? Hmm?

:geek: I deeply resent this unjust slur on my tailor ! :frustrated:

The_Snail said:
sosolid6 said:
They've got space for dead cats and zombies though. Hmm? Hmm?
You got me there the zombies behind the till and the ones shufferling about the store are particulally bad thease days.

I don't know how this happened, but there is a genuine hottie working in the Oxfam close to me. Brunette, about 19, awesome body (student I think).

NigG said:
I don't know how this happened, but there is a genuine hottie working in the Oxfam close to me. Brunette, about 19, awesome body (student I think).
Probably doing community service... middle-class and "sensible" people tend to get charity shops as theirs while those that may beat and mug the old grannies get the less pleasant stuff.

The smell is coming from dead mens shoes that are still warm from the corpse.