OWP Package is pants

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by general_dogsbody, Feb 22, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. upon deploying to a UN tour we were offered the OWP package or rather given it!,please can we have LOA back as i'd have much more money then rather than a internet suite that you cant even look certain sites on because of the child safety lock put on them! and paradigm phones that have been costing the army 37,000 per month!(yes they are being withdrawn!)and rather crappy old videos,just basically a waste of time I think!! ???

2. OWP is crap and its here to stay because it apparently will eventually save the Army money. The big cheeses don’t give a rat’s arrse if the troops benefit. I’ve yet to meet a single soldier out of earshot of anybody important who thinks it’s a good idea. As a bloke with scrambled stars on the shoulder I’ve been ordered to endorse it as a good idea. It really grips my sh*t if its such a good package why do we have to keep promoting it. If it worked all the lads would be seeing the benefits. Oh and by the way yes I would rather have my LOA back and you can quote me on that.

3. LOA!  I'd like to be paid my LSSA and Food/Accom costs!  APC, what a waste of f##king time.  Bring back sub unit pay clerks, at least with them everyone was paid correctly.  When will they learn, some things are best left uncivvyfied!

4. As for OWP, the benefits are so theatre dependant.  I'm sure the Balkans/NI package is just dandy compared to our more exotic tours.  Never let it be said the forces pass up the opportunity to hit people where it hurts, mainly the wallet.

5. Now I don't go with this, we were on SS2 and just five of us had 35 telelphones, three tv's and as much internet muncho as we wanted, mind you ever now and then some smelly men with guns came and we had to put out of order signs on everything till they'd gone......OWP...'KING GREAT

6. Now I don't go with this, we were on SS2 and just five of us had 35 telelphones, three tv's and as much internet muncho as we wanted, mind you ever now and then some smelly men with guns came and we had to put out of order signs on everything till they'd gone......OWP...'KING GREAT

7. Just spoke to a geezer high up in Paradigm, he said he can understand the frustration but he just provides a service when asked to, the rules are not up to him.

He also asks, can you please refrain from from hospitalising his staff. One of his employees was put in hospital by a group of troops because he came to take the facilities away because the Army had stopped paying for them.

Obviously there are people out there that think it is a much needed and handy service, so much so a group of them had to kick the sh!t out of a civi contractor and put him in hospital for a long time to prove this point!!