Own goal for the "Anti Fascists" largely unreported.

#1
I was having a gander at the BBC website and found this hidden away in the regional news section.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8230183.stm

It would seem that, with the right wingers not turning up, the "anti fascists" decided to turn their attention on the OB and thus giving the very people they were waiting for a possible propaganda coup.

Though it would appear that the reporting on this has been largely scaled down. You would have thought that 200 people fighting with Riot Police in a major town would have had a few more headlines.
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
ah, but it's not the right kind of 200 people fighting the dibble. do keep up please. ;)
 
#3
Selective political reporting by the unbiased? BBC
 
#4
bunch of yobs orgainse a fight (sorry a political protest against muslim extremists) :roll:
strangely that upsets every body with brown skin within 20 odd miles .
crowd gather all riled up for a punch up.
white yobs fail to appear.
but poor old plod are there :x
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
brighton hippy said:
bunch of yobs orgainse a fight (sorry a political protest against muslim extremists) :roll:
strangely that upsets every body with brown skin within 20 odd miles .
crowd gather all riled up for a punch up.
white yobs fail to appear.
but poor old plod are there :x
hippy - thats a haiku. :p
 
#6
This country amazes me with their selective reporting. Imagine that had been the other side of the political spectrum turned up, it would've been all over the press with them villifying them.

I'm trying to work out if this bloke makes me sick or laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7VnR2gWQ&feature=related
 
#7
danqpr said:
This country amazes me with their selective reporting. Imagine that had been the other side of the political spectrum turned up, it would've been all over the press with them villifying them.

I'm trying to work out if this bloke makes me sick or laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7VnR2gWQ&feature=related
Sort of normal really, if the opposite had occured it would be front pages everywhere with lots of sound bites about the evils of the far right, also what small report I could see said pretty much nothing no casualties no dammage.
 
#8
Conrad_Cock said:
danqpr said:
This country amazes me with their selective reporting. Imagine that had been the other side of the political spectrum turned up, it would've been all over the press with them villifying them.

I'm trying to work out if this bloke makes me sick or laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7VnR2gWQ&feature=related
Sort of normal really, if the opposite had occured it would be front pages everywhere with lots of sound bites about the evils of the far right, also what small report I could see said pretty much nothing no casualties no dammage.
I find it quite amusing that they've refused to validate my comments regarding what this idiot has said on our troops in Afghanistan. I asked if they knew the reasons they were there, and to point out exactly where the evil was. Suppose there was a bit too much common sense for their liking.
 
#9
danqpr said:
Conrad_Cock said:
danqpr said:
This country amazes me with their selective reporting. Imagine that had been the other side of the political spectrum turned up, it would've been all over the press with them villifying them.

I'm trying to work out if this bloke makes me sick or laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7VnR2gWQ&feature=related
Sort of normal really, if the opposite had occured it would be front pages everywhere with lots of sound bites about the evils of the far right, also what small report I could see said pretty much nothing no casualties no dammage.
I find it quite amusing that they've refused to validate my comments regarding what this idiot has said on our troops in Afghanistan. I asked if they knew the reasons they were there, and to point out exactly where the evil was. Suppose there was a bit too much common sense for their liking.
Careful common sense will have the thought police onto you
 
#10
brighton hippy said:
bunch of yobs orgainse a fight (sorry a political protest against muslim extremists) :roll:
strangely that upsets every body with brown skin within 20 odd miles .
crowd gather all riled up for a punch up.
white yobs fail to appear.
but poor old plod are there :x
Asian scum out for a fight = muslim extremists, there should quite rightfully be protests against these muslim extremists or can only people you like protest ?
 
#11
We live in a bizarre country these days.
UAF are the ones behving in a fascist manner and reasonable concern over what is happening in your own country is racist and xenophobic.
New Labour has achieved is goal, being proud to be British is now socially un-acceptable.
 
#12
Even the reports on the violence at the BNP RWB was portrayed as if the BNP were responsible.

It has been like this for years though, its only now that SOME people are seeing through the veil.
 
#13
I look at things like that, and think 'Its a pity they both can't lose'. If they'd've turned up, its a shame the Old bill couldn't just cordon off the area and let them massacre one another....
 
#15
The UAF are shockingly naive. During their recent counter protests against the EDL/hooligans in Birmingham they were being used as cover by some folks with a very different agenda:

Link
 
#16
I'm getting fed up of seeing this stuff going unreported...damn this country is messed up.
20-odd people shout at returning soldiers, news story. 200 similar demographic attack police...nothing?

*disappointed*
 
#17
Strait_Jacket said:
The UAF are shockingly naive. During their recent counter protests against the EDL/hooligans in Birmingham they were being used as cover by some folks with a very different agenda:

Link
I thought that some of the myriad laws passed enables plod to read these sites and identify the posters then be able to have a chat on record with them afterwards
 
#18
this was less than 10 miles from my hometown, and i haven't heard anything on the local news or radio.

pretty suprising really, probably won't even make it into the local free weekly paper!
 
#19
minikahuna156 said:
this was less than 10 miles from my hometown, and i haven't heard anything on the local news or radio.

pretty suprising really, probably won't even make it into the local free weekly paper!
Under this government
white = bad
asian muslim extremist = good
 
#20
RangeStew said:
minikahuna156 said:
this was less than 10 miles from my hometown, and i haven't heard anything on the local news or radio.

pretty suprising really, probably won't even make it into the local free weekly paper!
Under this government
white = bad
asian muslim extremist = good
No I disagree just the way it is chosen to be reported by the supposedly impartial press
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pull-up-a-sandbag The NAAFI Bar 42
Joshua Slocum Military History and Militaria 0
Flying Felix The NAAFI Bar 4

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top