Owen Jones gets a kicking

The writer and activist was ... leaving a bar near King’s Cross at around 2am on Saturday morning when a group of men “charged out of the pub with military precision” and hit him from behind.

Oh dear, he's having a pop at the Forces now.
CCTV footage has just been released by the Met showing the attackers.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I call bullshit. Anyone who has had any dealings with p1ssed up squaddies fighting knows that there is very little precision.
Maybe, but there is cold, hard violence, of which young Owen bears no sign of!

Aren't head injuries automatically carted off to hospital, even if it's just for observation?
And no CCTV, from the most heavily surveilled city in the world?
Utter bollocks.

Maybe, but there is cold, hard violence, of which young Owen bears no sign of!
Very true, I've had worse injuries falling off a barstool.

In all seriousness, if he has had a kicking he's gotten off very, very likely. His 'injuries' certainly aren't consistent with being thrown to the ground and kicked in the head.

I don't know whether he's massively exaggerating because:
A ) He wants to push his agenda.
B ) He is so unaccustomed to physical confrontation that he honestly believes it was a shocking and unprovoked attack, and therefore in his mind any blow being dealt has been magnified.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

In all seriousness, if he has had a kicking he's gotten off very, very likely. His 'injuries' certainly aren't consistent with being thrown to the ground and kicked in the head.

B ) He is so unaccustomed to physical confrontation that he honestly believes it was a shocking and unprovoked attack, and therefore in his mind any blow being dealt has been magnified.
The thing that rings alarm bells is the fact that there's no mention of his "mates" joining in and helping him out, also in this day and age, most people of his ilk and age would be straight onto the mobile phone camera filming the events and the assailants and yet we have nada!

Dredd

LE
I can see it out of my window. There are people walking down the road in a mild-to-moderately intimidating manner. Occasionally there's an instance of aggressive driving. Something's going to kick off eventually.

Owen Jones tells it like it is. He calls a spade a spade. People can't handle that.
Err, I don't think you are allowed to call people spades now.

No wonder someone got offended.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

C) He is a pathological liar.

The thing that rings alarm bells is the fact that there's no mention of his "mates" joining in and helping him out, also in this day and age, most people of his ilk and age would be straight onto the mobile phone camera filming the events and the assailants and yet we have nada!
There was mention of his five mates trying but being unable to intervene, as there were simply too many XRW marchers for them to be able to cope.
He said his friends were also caught up in the attack and were punched in the head as they attempted to stop the ‘frenzied’ attack on him.

He does say his mates tried to help him out, but despite outnumbering the attackers got hit themselves, so it is feasible that no one got their phones out.

Personally I think something happened; I think he gobbed off (and probably squared up) to the wrong bloke who followed him outside, pushed him over and then gave him a half arsed kick as he walked off.
I just don't think its the right-wing, nor was it 'a kicking.'

He does say his mates tried to help him out, but despite outnumbering the attackers got hit themselves, so it is feasible that no one got their phones out.

Personally I think something happened; I think he gobbed off (and probably squared up) to the wrong bloke who followed him outside, pushed him over and then gave him a half arsed kick as he walked off.
I just don't think its the right-wing, nor was it 'a kicking.'
Nonsense.

Lickle Owen walked out of the pub to find a bunch of neanderthals fixing on their swastika armbands and tying up the laces on their jackboots. In a precision blitzkrieg operation, he and his friends were overcome by the vile brownshirts and were unable to counter the far-right hooks and kicks that landed on his head.

CCTV will bear testimony to this, as will hospital reports.

I am of the opinion this is not what has been reported.
Firstly most squaddies go out of their way to avoid trouble because of the double whammy of civvy and military action.

Secondly not one person videoed this or took images which is strange in this day and age.

Thirdly for someone that received a "kicking" they look in remarkably good nick.

Fourthly, how did he know they were a) squaddies and b) right wing activists, did they tell them or shout it out as they attacked him.

I find this story hardly credible, and is an attention seeking effort by a known media whore.

I am of the opinion this is not what has been reported.
Firstly most squaddies go out of their way to avoid trouble because of the double whammy of civvy and military action.

Secondly not one person videoed this or took images which is strange in this day and age.

Thirdly for someone that received a "kicking" they look in remarkably good nick.

Fourthly, how did he know they were a) squaddies and b) right wing activists, did they tell them or shout it out as they attacked him.

I find this story hardly credible, and is an attention seeking effort by a known media whore.
100%. A 'kick in the head' = medical attention; quite how you can kick someone in the head and inflict no injury is v hard to imagine.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This. Fact of life: getting hit hurts. Second fact of life: most proper fights are over in a very small number of punches because, here it comes again, getting hit hurts.

Jones and his ilk write about the 'violence' of language. Well, then there's real violence. Did I mention that it hurts? If nothing else, perhaps he now has an idea of what Direct Action feels like... if indeed anything even approximating what he alleges took place.

I see that the story has already disappeared from the BBC's news page.

A few years back, in a pub not a million miles from Islington, some complete and utter cnut got into conversation with me.
(Not my choosing - I was being polite.)
When I told him I was an Anglo-Saffer he started spouting all the standard 80s BS.
I pointed out that Safferland had been a democracy for 20 years, thank you very much, the ANC was in charge, and could he kindly f*ck off.
Yet he continued his diatribe against whites (he was white himself) and apartheid and and and.
Yes, I would have given him a damn good malleting.

Latest from the Evening Standard.

"None of those injured required hospital treatment or London Ambulance Service.

"No arrests have been made. Local CCTV footage will be reviewed. A number of witnesses have also been spoken to. Further statements will be taken in due course.

"Enquiries into the full circumstances of the incident are ongoing."

Far from being a "fenzied attack", it seems like a minor scuffle that happens outside pubs up and down the country every weekend. As the story seems to be going cold, what's the betting the CCTV shows a minor altercation and the eye witnesses either saw nowt or heard provocation from the Jones party.
Hopefully the latter and the little shit will be made to look very foolish, along with all his twatter followers.

It's just occurred to me.
If this group of assailants really were as Jones described them, politically motivated, right wing etc., then presumably the scenario is, 'I know where that left wing talking head OJ drinks, let's get him'.*

How long before their own camera phone footage emerges? Any pre-planned attack on a high profile target and I'd really expect some happy snaps as proof/trophy.

I reckon 4 scrotes after a few beers think 'it's that twat off the TV? - let's rag him about and leg it' - for shits and giggles nothing more.
Because he obviously hasn't had an extreme anger face punch and 4 engaging a group of 6 is either fighting in lumps or just pushing someone over, couple of kicks (trainers I'd bet) and legging it.

* 'cos Islington isn't a target rich environment for trendy lefties is it?
Bet you it's not one of his locals and he and his posse were being just a bit too comfortable in one of the natives pubs.

Working class chavs can be very territorial.
ETA Surely Jones knows what pub culture can be like, being working class an' all.

There was mention of his five mates trying but being unable to intervene, as there were simply too many XRW marchers for them to be able to cope.
Well, at least one of them should have a visible injury then.

So far just crickets and tumbleweeds...

If there was the remotest chance of apportioning injuries to the “XRW” bully boys, even bruises or scuffed skin, there would be photos and sob stories all over the MSM, accompanied by tear soaked statements.
I call bullshite.

Latest Threads