Overview of Military ICS for civvies

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in the process of organising a visit to a RAF base, so that my 'team' can see our app being used in anger, gain an understanding how the military operate, etc (and so develop better software).

So thats the interface covered in one direction but I was wondering about the other.. the military ICS bit. I'm aware DCCIS(Blandford) run courses for civvie Project Managers etc but do they do anything for the injuns. I'd like my team to get an overview of mil ICS, be able to talk to someone who could answer geek questions and have a laugh.

I'm asking this on this forum as we've generally been working in the past on mainly on fixed infrastructure and the most vocal customers have been RAF/RN, e.g. 'team building' visits in the past (and now) have been to RAF bases (for fixed infrastructure) or RN installations (for deployed).

p.s. Its weird I'm asking this, as last week I was managing (as RSigs) at least two dets supporting services to our (civvie job) customer but not with the kit they would use in theatre.

2. [sharp intake of breath....] Does such a beast exist? :lol:

There's probably a few people and units around that could help, Polar. Are these guys SC'd or BC'd at all? Their security credentials might limit what they can be shown as virtually everything these days is operational and protectively marked to various levels.

Then again even post-it notes are mission critical in my place.

3. I've spotted a flaw in your plan... :lol:

4. Polar, check your PM's.

5. I know mate, you gave me one in the Kings the other night, its in my wallet marked important!

I'll get back to you on it.

6. Yep

Exactly :D but don't tell the boss he's ex RAF

7. Ha - I forgot about that. I only really remembered racktastic BOBFOC in the Nelsons!