Overstretch. Its a myth isnt it?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. The reason for Engineers being short is predominantly due to FAS, we are expanding by approx 1400 men, this liability has now been taken on and recruiting now looks terrible. However, the signing off rate does appear to be creeping upwards.
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

It was also due to potential Sapper recruits being shamelessly diverted by ACIOs into the Infantry through 98/98/00/01, and the fact that Sapper recruiting was 'capped' under the same rules as everyone else last year at a time when we were still trying to expand. Don't forget that in the eyes of many (and one only has to see the crap written in the press about the loss of 3 infantry battalions) The Army = The Infantry.
  4. Time for the Prince of Darkness to scrap a few more units to bring us up to full strength (should get him enobled, as he cannot be happy with just a knighthood). The Army probably looks in fine shape from the whisky bottle that he inhabits after 10am (if he can find it through the fag smoke).

This links onto the Manchester Gay Parade recruiting drive (I didn't know that 3PARA Mortars or Milan were understrength?). Now normal people (and the PC liberal left facist gestapo can fcuk themselves: driving on the marmite motorway is not normal) will abstain from joining, thus worsening the recruitment even more. Join the Army and get bugger*d in the showers!

But it is ok: they are doubling the advertising budget. Pity they cannot increase the budgets for retention, training, maintenance, equipment, etc. Still, the extra millions will be appreciated by pony-tailed New Labour advertising cnuts in Islington.
  5. Perhaps they should think about paying us our worth, with the media quoting massive shortages of tradesmen in civvie street and also quoting high wages to be earned, then no wonder it is difficult to keep tradesmen, and i am sure that this does just not apply to the Corps, seems like the Signals have the same problem of skill drain.
  6. Well one thing that does make me sometimes wonder why I'm trying to join up, is the poor quality of the equipment, and the seeming terrible support from the politcals. maybe if thosei mproved, then recruitment would go up?

If you Know you're not going to be hung out to dry by the govenment, and you know you'll have decent CBA and a gun that works, aren't more people going to join up? As most of the people who do actualy know a small bit about the forces, then are they realy going to be taken in by the adds saying "We've got the best kit in the world" (which we do, but half the time it's not working or only two people have it issued to them).