Overseas Pay

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Scavenger, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to ask - I've searched but not come up with the answer.

I spent a very nice few weeks in Germany last month. While there, I was told that in addition to daily pay, I should be claiming something called Incidental Expenses, and somehow also claiming the cost of my 3 core meals?

Not wanting to miss out, do any of you regular TA visitors to Germany know the answer?

Cheers,

Scav

2. I went on a uk course and could claim £5 a day incidentals on jpa

3. Its a tenner in Germany :)

4. Thanks for the quick replies.

So you can even claim this in the UK??

5. Claim through JPA it's 'quite simple for your core meals and incidentals

Stilts

6. I didn't think you could claim for your core meals anymore?

You might also be entitled to LOA and LSA.

7. If you are on a course then you can, cos I have !

Stilts

8. If that recently? Because I tried to and got told if the camp is PAYD you are not entitled to money for food.

9. if you are doing extra 2 weeks in camp training ie course you can claim 10 quid a day incidentals, however if this is your 2 weeks camp( course in lieu) then you cant as incidentals cant be claimed for annual camp. you can claim for food if you are on a course and not on working at your home location. and again if this isnt your annual camp you can claim LSA as long as its over 10 days. you are also entitled to LOA. so potentially

LSA
    LOA
    incidentals
    food

see you psao if he;s worth his weight he'll sort it

10. if you are doing extra 2 weeks in camp training ie course you can claim 10 quid a day incidentals, however if this is your 2 weeks camp( course in lieu) then you cant as incidentals cant be claimed for annual camp. you can claim for food if you are on a course and not on working at your home location. and again if this isnt your annual camp you can claim LSA as long as its over 10 days. you are also entitled to LOA. so potentially

LSA
    LOA
    incidentals
    food

see you psao if he;s worth his weight he'll sort it

11. i;ll just go and get the papers,get the papers

12. AFAIK incidentals can be claimed on JPA at the rate of £5 for every night spent away from parent unit.

E and OE :wink:

13. You could always try claiming for a second home....If it's good enough for some mp's then armed forces should desrve it more !!!

14. I did recently and what's even better was the fact that I received the money about 4-5 days later - result!

15. its a tenner for germany