Overseas exercirse - pay for your own vaccinations

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Chosen_man76, Mar 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I'm going away with the regulars on exercise overseas shortly. Obviously with the military being so organised they have left it to the last minute to organise vaccinations. These are done by the local civvy doctor as there is nowhere nearby with a med centre. The doctor didn't have everything needed, so printed me a prescription. Told I have to get the vaccinations / malaria tablets from Boots etc then claim the money back from the Army.

Question is will this really work? Knowing how hard it can be to get money out of the system, I'm worried I'll be 3 prescriptions worth of cash poorer, and all for drugs that should be provided. Any ideas?
  2. msr

msr LE

If you have it in writing that you will get the medication refunded, then yes.

Otherwise: caveat emptor.

3. You should be able to get your hep B /typoid/dipthrea jabs free from thr doctors I know that I got my hep b and tentnus free beofre I went to India on holiday
  4. The doctor didn't have enough in stock, so said I'd need to get them on prescription then claim the money back.
  5. We have been told to sort vaccinations out ourselves and the cost will be refunded on production of a receipt, but my suggestion is to go and see a nice 'friendly' doc.

I have been for jabs, at different surgeries, in the past and were given them for free when i told them what i needed them for, i.e. overseas EX, etc... 8)

Don't know if the doc puts in a claim for the cost of the jab?