Overpayment spent

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Maroonmarvel, Mar 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I know what the answers will be, I should have kept it, you shouldn't have spent it etc! I know that and for one reason or another I have. I was supposed to leave the Army last year and was paid my resettlement grant. Then a nice big carrot was dangled from MCM and I ended up reversing my decision and staying in. I was told to wait until I was asked for the 10k before giving it back. Over the last year and a bit it's slowly whittled away and now they want it back! What options do I have to repay other than taking out a personal loan?
  2. Auld-Yin

    Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

    Apply for Redundancy?
  3. Brotherton Lad

    Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

    Northern Cyprus is nice at this time of year.
  4. Mong. Speak to your Admin Staff - pretty sure there's a limit to how much they can take out per month. If you get out, any monies owing will be taken from the terminal lump sum (again, I think). If you search on this forum, it has been explained before.
  5. sirbhp

    sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

    go bankrupt ...
  6. That's a ****'s trick. Those who go bankrupt should be put into debtors' prisons and work their debt off.
  7. Get used to your pay being four days' wages short every month for the rest of your 'career'...
  8. Go on JPA, call up your pay statement and look for an outgoing with the letters NPD next to it. I think that means Non Public Debt and is one of the ways debts are shown on pay statements being taken out of your pay.

    Are you selling any gear cheap like? Just asking.
  9. employers can overpay you, they are not allowed to recover it through your wages, MoD will break the law and do so anyway!.
  10. I call...Bollocks. Show me where this is written.
  11. Bollocks

    Citizens Advice - Can my employer make me give back overpaid wages?
  12. Drivers_lag

    Drivers_lag On ROPs

    I might be able to help.

    What size boots do you wear?
  13. Maroonmarvel, perhaps you should consider a name change, considering the content of your post?

    , your name seems appropriate (having read some of your posts).
  14. The first thing you need to accept is that this was not an overpayment………it was a grant to which you are now not entitled.

    I would suggest stop smoking, drinking and start walking everywhere. They are going to take it back.

    You can only declare yourself bankrupt if you can prove that you have no source of income.

  15. You open a company called the Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club. You take an advert in the back page of some gay mag, advertising the latest in arse-intruding dildos, sell it a bit with, er... I dunno, "does what no other dildo can do until now", latest and greatest in sexual technology. Guaranteed results or money back, all that bollocks. These dills cost twenty-five each; a snip for all the pleasure they are going to give the recipients. They send a cheque to the company name, nothing offensive, er, Bobbie's Bits or something, for twenty-five. You put these in the bank for two weeks and let them clear. Now this is the clever bit. Then you send back the cheques for twenty-five pounds from the real company name, Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club, saying sorry, we couldn't get the supply from America, they have sold out. Now you see how many of the people cash those cheques; not a single soul, because who wants his bank manager to know he tickles arses when he is not paying in cheques...

    There's your 10Gs right there.....

    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2