Overnight visitors to the mess

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Rockstar, Sep 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just wondering if there is anything written in the rule book about guests sleeping over? ie, the girlfriend, or wife?

To be exact, I'll be unaccompanied as of January and would like to know if my other half can stop over in the mess for the weekend to avoid the expense of a hotel (bloody expensive when I'm paying a mortgage too!).

Is this something down to the individual unit or is there a blanket answer (expected)?

2. I've lost count of the number of times that our lass stayed in my room in the mess. To be honest I never went out my way to check any mess rules regarding the situation. I just did it as did countless others in the regiment. The only problem we ever had was booking them in the main gate when it changed to MOD plod.
  3. You never went out of your way because you were on tour and she was using your room to make a few bucks by renting her arrse out.

She couldn't get through the main gate because they wanted to 'question' the cheap slut for a few hours too.
  4. Snigger. You've never been in a mess have you? Considering you're a civvy and all that.
  5. I was raped in one on a Tuesday evening. Does that count?
  6. What happens in the Mess, stays in the Mess.