Overnight accommodation at briefing

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by charles889, Mar 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am planning on taking my AOSB briefing in a couple of months, and I will be travelling quite far to Westbury. I have two questions. Firstly, am I right in assuming that the Army will provide accommodation for the night spent at Westbury? If so, what will I need to bring?

Lastly, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels/B&B's nearby?

Thank you
  2. If you can catch a train on the morning of AOSB and that train will get you there on time then the army will not reimburse you the money for a B&B. You can still get one you just won't be able to get the money back.

Redwood lodge always gets good reviews. I am staying at the Cedar Hotel for main board next week.
  3. Thanks for your recommendations OCS001.

Just to check - Am I right in assuming that the Army provides accommodation for you over the night of the briefing? (ie. Between day 1 and day 2?). Just want to fully clarify this!

4. I apologise I thought you were on about the night before briefing. During briefing you will stay on site in a room with other candidates, you will need the usual things, toiletries and towel etc.