Overheard in a Bar...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Sep 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Somewhere in the massive ARRSE archive is a thread on best pick up lines.. damned if I can find it [ or bother to look ]..but I got to say this one apparently worked..must have been in the delivery 'cause I'm sure I wouldn't want to admit to the job as the culmination of my educational trajectory..

Guy next to me was sipping a drink and got into a conversation with an attractive young woman [ they stay clear of me now that I draw a pension ] and she asked what he did for a living [ obviously scoping out husband/provider possibilities ].. He said that he was an industrial designer..

She, naturally, asked what he designed

He got all shy and 'aw shucks'-like and smiled and said that he designed bras for Victoria's Secrets

They left together shortly thereafter...

made me wonder how a guy gets into that racket after leaving Engineering School and if he ever thought back when he was studying he'd end up there.." What are you going to do when you grow up, Teddy? " " Hey!. I'm going to design bras, Ma! " " That's nice dear."

What do you want to be when you grow up?
    An Astronaut! A Policeman! A Fireman!..... A Forensic Accountant! An Aluminum Siding Salesman!
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So you fell for his pick-up line as well then?
  3. Glad I impressed you so much - she was a smasher eh?

The irony of it is that I'm really a dolphin trainer - but no bird ever believes me.
  4. He's not familiar with the miracle of Rohypnol?
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Or chloroform?
  6. Presumably the same way as I got into underwater wood welding and carving giraffes out of digestives for animal crackers?
  7. Good response from the advertisers at the bottom of the page.
  8. Sounds like he was a squaddie, on the same line's as 'I'm a dolphin trainer' or 'I'm a shepherd' or even 'Im a biscuit designer'
  9. I designed a sports Bra last year, just raising funds to get some prototypes built....they are for the larger woman, when I was discussing my designs with women they do get really interested.