Overcrowded prisons, this could be the answer?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. British Government should sub-contract out the custodial sentences we impose on murderers, rapists, pedophiles etc to another country whose jails are not so full or who will build more jails on the award of a 100 year contract. Thailand is one of these countries I think would welcome such a contract? This would save the British Tax Payer a fortune, empty our jails and would give the prisoner somewhere hot and sunny to serve out their sentence, everyone happy.

2. Why would Thailand want our crooks?

3. Big business, we would pay the Thais money per crook.

4. Ahhh... I bet it costs about a fiver a year to keep a crook in Thailand haha

5. siberia sounds better

6. I think Thailand has our crooks already,
    Have you ever seen the losers, wasters, perverts and weirdos that hang around Patong Beach on Phuket?

7. No have you :wink:

8. Sorry, I should have added...

"So I've been told"

9. Couldn't we just hang them and bury them there :D

10. hahahaa

11. I've worked out that they can have 3 prisoners to a bed. They only need to be in there for 8 hours a day - so they hot bed it - just like so many of us have had to do. While one sleeps the other 2 are out down the pits or in a quarry cracking rocks by hand - no more over crowding!

12. China would be a better place. Up in the North it gets very cold in winter and correspondingly hot in summer. Also, the Chinese know how to look after criminals.

13. .[/quote]I've worked out that they can have 3 prisoners to a bed. They only need to be in there for 8 hours a day - so they hot bed it - just like so many of us have had to do. While one sleeps the other 2 are out down the pits or in a quarry cracking rocks by hand - no more over crowding![/quote]

I like the sound of this, and what else they could do is when they are chainganged they can clean and maintain the pavements in all the town/city centres

14. My dear boy, we're not all losers, wasters or perverts.

15. I've worked out that they can have 3 prisoners to a bed. They only need to be in there for 8 hours a day - so they hot bed it - just like so many of us have had to do. While one sleeps the other 2 are out down the pits or in a quarry cracking rocks by hand - no more over crowding![/quote]

I like the sound of this, and what else they could do is when they are chainganged they can clean and maintain the pavements in all the town/city centres[/quote]

Why just prisoners? I think if you've been on the dole for a year thats plenty time to find a job if you cant then you should have to work (preferably jobs to assist the community cleening off graffite etc) at least three days a week for the beneffit of society to get your money the other two days you can look a bit harder for a job!
    Why should we honest law abiding tax payers support long term layabouts and drugies who put nothing productive back into the community but expect every thing handed to them on a plate and payed for by the rest of us.
    I'd also work the prisoners, loss of liberty? 3 meals a day tv etc, dosen't seem an addiquate punishment.