• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

"Over There" - Yank Iraq "Drama"

Having a bit of a clear-out and found a DVD box-set that I'm ashamed to say I bought when visiting the Field Hospital set-up in SLB a few years ago.The only saving grace is that it's a pirate and cost me buttons. Anyway; heres the blurb from the back of the cover:

"From producer Steven Bochco (NYPD Blue,LA Law,Hill Street Blues - which begs the question "what was he doing getting involved with this pile of poo?") comes the first scripted (eh?) television series set in a current,ongoing war involving the USA. Gritty,intense,evocative and emotional."Over There" takes you to the front lines of battle and explores the effects of war on a US Army unit sent to Iraq on their first tour of duty (it always is),as well as the equally powerful effects felt at home by their families and loved ones. A must-see for all Americans (ah,now I know where I went wrong), "Over There" is not about politics or policies. Its a true-to-life (mwah ha ha!!) depiction of our courageous soldiers - the everyday heroes who fight for freedom under extraordinary conditions. Includes an exclusive behind the scenes featurette."

Thats what they say, but words cannot explain how eye-wateringly bad this is. I think I watched 2 and a bit episodes in the hope of improvement before giving up and nailing my testicles to a table.

Anyone else seen, or indeed suffered,this?

I dunno about that mate; did Henno grab his wife/bird and "christen" every room in the house before going off on an Op somewhere? A Yank did in this shit.Groan.

Latest Threads