Over paid when been on tour, well just have a look at this

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by nik_kershaw, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Never mind getting overpaid, they get paid a right whack anyway. Can't remember how much an Aussie lad with us said he was getting, but it knocked us into a cocked hat.
  2. I got overpaid, the Treasury wrote it off.

Got a letter and everything to prove it, so it does happen.
  3. Me too, it would have cost me a couple of grand to pay back as well !
  4. why, how much were you overpaid? :scratch:
  5. I've known a few people who have been overpaid and the amount has been written off (it's never been me though) :cry: .

Normally its when the person has reported being overpaid for some time and the army hasn't fixed the problem until several months later.
  6. I got overpaid once, i was called into the RAOs office the next day, made to write a cheque for the amount, and JPA still took it out of my pay the next month.

Would have been nice to have a write off. Shame a friend of mine in the civil service got £3k written off before christmas in overpayments, i think i'll just have to nick his car.
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

You don't have "friends" in the Snivel Service - only "colleagues"
  8. I was over paid by £1,200 this month, reported it and I am still waiting to find out why, and if I can keep it, really tempted to spend it.
  9. Don't, I had to pay mine back.
  10. I have also been over paid. It has taken me over seven months of reporting to the pay clark to get them to stop. The cash is in the bank, just waiting to see who wants it back.
  11. I got overpaid £5-ish a day for two years. When the Army worked it out two years after being notified by myself and an HR admin bod, I had to pay it back over 3 months.

Caution minted one, the MoD giveth and the MoD can taketh away!
  12. I heard the Aussies get $200 Australian whilst on tour. The have to volunteer for ops and that is the incentive. I also heard that becuase of this a lot of the forces personnel own a fair few properties for when they get out/retire.
  13. Footballers are overpaid. Bankers are overpaid.Politicians are overpaid.PCSO's are overpaid.Service personnel have always been underpaid. :p
  14. I was overpaid an allowance for an entire 2 years of a posting. I questionned the payment twice when I first arrived and was told once it was correct and the second time no action was taken.

When the error came to light and I owed a house full of money (that I did genuinely believe I was entitled to I hasten to add) the system started the reclaim process.

I appealed and won on very specific grounds. There is a legal system to this and the MOD has a branch that deals with appeals involving full legal analysis (bot just some bloke saying no in a dark office).

In short, it can be done but you need a watertight legal case and good faith does not consitute that. If anyone wants any info on how to appeal then PM me. A bit of effort saved me thousands.