Over a Million Demonstrators In London Today!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tom_dkg, Apr 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Headline we will not see!

Over a million people today descended upon London today to support Prince William, 2nd in line to the British Throne, on the occasion of his pledging his troth to the now Princess Katherine, in a splendid Christian ceremony.

The Metropolitan Police said that the Demonstration was expected to have such a turnout, and officers had been well prepared; leave had been cancelled, and all preparations made for possible incidents.

They said there were very few reports of any public order incidents, and the crowd were well behaved in passing this strong message of support to The Royal Family.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. your point?
  3. Simply that if, at the end of this year, "Demonstrations" in London were counted, it would be unlikely to include today.

Today is as valid a "demonstration" as any which has taken place this year!

If one extremist had performed one action, or if some criminal had dropped a fire exinguisher from a roof with a cause, the message of their cause would have made it to the front page tomorrow, regardless of the 999,999 others who did not, with their stated reasons in front of a huge audience.

Whilst I suspect you were looking for some hidden "go" at the police, as seems fashionable, if anything the contrary!

I guess the reason for the post is to question what the media mean by "balanced reporting", and my view is that true balance is rare.

It will also NOT be news that the Met handled a million excited people, told them how to get to where they could go etc etc.solved their problems of separated children, and controlled the surge to The Palace with expertise.
  4. Put the crack pipe away.
  5. I imagine it will be reported and on TV ad infinitum.
  6. Did the Police try 'kettleing' today?

Also the presence of large numbers of Her Majesties' Armed Forces complete with bayonets can really keep the 'demonstrators' minds in the 'peacful setting'.
  7. He's been drinking the health of the happy couple. It sounds like they should live to about 120 given how little sense he's making.
  8. it's Catherine with a C..................
  9. But Kate with a K?
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

And she's not a princess.
  11. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Says who??
  12. Pissed, sober or off his head on crack, Tom's got a point. Next time some lefty twat appears on the BBC to remind us that 200,000 public sector employees marched in London to protest about cuts to, err, public sector employment, I trust that Paxman will throw in something along the lines of "That's nearly 20% of the number that turned up for a wedding they weren't even invited to." (Except Paxo would get the grammar right 'cos he's been to Oxford).

Anybody know how many queued through the night to say goodbye to the Queen Mother when she was Lying in State?
  13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

HM the Queen says. She's a Duchess at the moment.
  14. In addition to the million or so in central London, someone ought to tot up all the royalist crowds in the pubs and street parties as well.....